Carrabba’s basil dipping sauce is rich, buttery, and packed with fresh basil and garlic; the best sauce for dipping bread into! This copycat recipe recreates the delicious flavor at home.
A perfect accompaniment to any Italian dinner, this basil garlic dip is a must make! Here’s my delicious copycat recipe for one of my favorite appetizers from Carrabba’s Italian grill.
Serve this copycat of Carrabba’s basil dipping sauce as part of an Italian dinner at home. It will be the perfect appetizer alongside Italian Stuffed Artichokes!
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 large fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 loaf italian bread for serving
- Using a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon, blend ingredients into a past
- Add 1 teaspoon of mixture to serving bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: serve with a few drops of balsamic vinegar