Margaritas are my all time favorite cocktail, so when I was invited to compete in the Cape Code Select Blogger Challenge, I knew I had to make Cranberry Margaritas.
I’m enjoying this challenge so much because I’ve been given the opportunity to work with Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries. Their product is grown to exceed some of the industries highest standards as they are Non-GMO verified and hold GLOBALG.A.P. Certification (http://globalgap.org/uk_en/for-consumers/).
The Rhodes Family has been growing cranberries on their 800 acre cranberry farm for more than 75 years. It’s worth mentioning that they’re a small, women-owned family business, dedicated to providing their customers with the highest quality product.
Using Cape Cod’s frozen cranberries is like working with fresh cranberries in terms of taste and appearance. Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries are individually frozen and perfect once thawed at room temperature. They are also delicious.
My recipe is simple, and filled with sweet-tart flavors including lemon, lime & cranberry simple syrup, and of course tequila. This drinks pairs nicely with my second recipe in the challenge, Cranberry Queso Blanco Salsa. You can find the recipe HERE.
Using Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries Create:
- Beverages (Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic)
- Sides, Salads & Salsas
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces cranberry simple syrup
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries (reserved from simple syrup)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, lemon juice, and cranberry simple syrup. Shake until well combined.
- Run a lime slice over the rim of 2 Margarita glasses and dip rims in Sugar/Chili Rim Mix
- Skewer drunken cranberries on long picks and roll in sugar mix to coat cranberries
- In a medium sauce pan combine 1 cup cranberry juice, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup Cape Cod Cranberries. Cook over medium heat until very hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Strain juice from cranberries using a fine sieve. Pour 1/2 cup tequila over cranberries and marinate for 15 minutes. The simple syrup and drunk cranberries can be made the day ahead to give cranberries more time to marinate in the tequila and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Garnish with Drunken Cranberry Skewers
Do not forget to follow Cape Cod Select on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest as they provide regular updates on products, contests, recipes and more. Also check nearby stores for this great product, or you can order these frozen cranberries online.