Ooey gooey chocolate kisses are the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe! Individual phyllo cups filled with creamy chocolate, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries.
Cupid’s Ooey Gooey Chocolate Kisses Dessert – WFC Recipe Entry
I wanted to share my recipe entry for this season’s first World Food Championship Valentine’s Day Dessert contest. Unfortunately, it didn’t win a first place, but that won’t keep me from trying again next time.
Next Valentine’s Day, impress your sweetie with these individual, crispy phyllo bites, filled with an ooey gooey chocolate center! Delish!!
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, rough chopped
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup butter for melting chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup butter for phyllo pastry, melted
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jar organic maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat, remove from heat Chop baking chocolate into pieces and add to hot butter Stir until chocolate pieces are melted, set aside In a medium mixing bowl combine, sugar, flour, salt and whisk until blended Add eggs and whisk until light yellow in color and creamy Add cooled melted chocolate and whisk for 2 minutes to combine, set mixture aside
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Mix sugar and cocoa powder together in a small cup, set aside Melt 1/3 cup butter in microwave Remove 6 sheets of phyllo from package Using a pastry brush, brush butter over first sheet then lightly sprinkle a fine layer of sugared cocoa over the phyllo, add another layer and continue process until all sheets are done Cut phyllo into 3x4 inch pieces Arrange cut sheets into small cupcake pan Cook pastry cups for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned, remove from oven Fill cups with approximately 1 tablespoon prepared chocolate batter Return to oven and bake for additional 8-12 minutes or until centers are firm but not browned, remove from oven and cool completely
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks, add sugar and whisk slightly to combine Slide a small pastry tip into the corner of a small zip baggie allowing the plastic to break open at the tip Fill the baggie with whipped cream Pipe small amount of whipped cream onto each cup Top individual cups with maraschino cherry and serve
More chocolate dessert recipes to try: