Fried Rice with Black Sesame Pork-EASY RECIPE
Fried Rice with Black Sesame Pork is made easy when using leftover cooked pork chops or chicken and store bought stir-fry sauce and rice. This is my go-to recipe when I’m in a hurry to get dinner on the table. Your family will love that this dish looks and tastes like a restaurant quality meal.
The beautiful clay pot picture above was gifted to me by my sweet friend Chef Ava Marie the Autistic Chef and Owner of Autism Cooks food blog. It’s stunning and the perfect vessel for this satafiying meal.
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice (from store deli hot foods)
- 2 left over cooked pork chops or cooked chicken (I used left over smoked chops from dinner the night before)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup stir fry sauce (House of Tsang Classic Stir Fry Sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup green onion, for garnish
- Slice leftover pork into thin strips. Prep all vegetables.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Pour sesame oil into pan. Cook sweet onion, carrots, peas, and garlic for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Slide mixture to the side of the pan using a spatula. Add eggs and scramble. Once the eggs are done mix with cooked vegetables. Remove mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to hot pan. Once the oil is hot add 1/4 cup stir fry sauce and sliced pork. Cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add black sesame and toss. Remove cooked pork from pan and set aside until ready to plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan. pour in cooked rice and vegetables, and add soy sauce. Toss to combine and heat through.
- Taste for seasoning. Add a drizzle more sesame oil and more stir fry sauce to taste.
- To plate the dish, scoop out portion into a clay pot. Add slices of cooked pork to each serving and sprinkle with chopped green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!