Udon lettuce cups are a light, healthy lunch or dinner. When you’re hungry for restaurant quality flavors but too tired to go out for dinner, make this quick and delicious meal in less than 30 minutes.
JSL Foods presents… the Blogger Recipe Challenge.
When I accepted the Fortune Noodle-Blogger Recipe Challenge, the company offered me a choice of noodles to create an original recipe.
I tested several recipes during the vetting process for this tasty contest by utilizing several of the unique and delicious Fortune Noodle products.
I made a Thai Peanut Noodle Salad with Crispy Fried Duck Breast with Fortune Noodle Thai Peanut Rice Noodles. Unfortunately, I forgot to place the product packaging in the photo which I thought would disqualify this recipe for submission. I get so excited about creating recipes, sometimes I forget to adhere to the official rules.
Armed with the knowledge that my first recipe was a failed attempt for submission, I decided to shop for Fortune Noodles at my local Safeway store to experiment with a few different flavors. My local Safeway carries three flavors of the UDON noodles as well as, the Yaki Soba stir-fry noodles. I went for the Yaki-Soba noodles and made a Creamy Yaki Soba Salad with a mango, dried cranberries and a mayonnaise based dressing. Guess what? I forgot the product package in the photo AGAIN, but at least I captured a cute selfie with my delicious salad!
I used the Original Udon Noodles to make my THIRD and final recipe; UDON Lettuce Cups with Creamy Peanut Dressing, and I finally remembered to put the product packaging in the photo!! Thank goodness!
Udon lettuce cups are the perfect meal when you’re hungry for restaurant quality flavors, but too tired to go out for dinner.
You can make this quick and delicious meal in less than 30 minutes.
What’s at stake for 50 blogger contestants?
Two First Place Winners will receive $1000.00 cash prize
Two Second Place Winners $500.00 Cash Prize
Two 3rd Place Winners: $250.00
Fortune Udon Noodles are pre-cooked, fresh refrigerated noodles, restaurant quality noodles that are easy to prepare when cooking soups or stir-fry’s (Yaki-Udon). Fortune Udon Noodles are ready to eat in less than three minutes in four delicious flavors that include Original (soy), Beef, Chicken and Mushroom. Just add protein, vegetables and toppings. Each Fortune Udon Noodle is packaged with a natural flavored dry soup packet and offers consumers a wide range of sought-after health benefits including 100% All Natural Ingredients, Non-GMO, Omega-3 Fortification, Cholesterol-Free and MSG Free.
Want to hear something funny? After reviewing the Official Contest Rules, several times, I can’t find anywhere that they state the product package has to be featured in the photo. Really?
It’s official, I’ve lost my mind keeping track of all my recent contesting and rules. The good news is, now I have three (3) amazing Fortune Noodle Recipes.
- 2 package(s) Fortune Original UDON noodles
- 1 8 ounce package of cooked chicken breast (I used deli chicken breast)
- 1 large head bib or large leaf lettuce
- 2 cups packaged Asian Slaw Mix
- 1/2 cup carrots, shaved
- 1/2 cup red pepper, julienned
- 2 hard boiled eggs, grated
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Original Flavored Udon season pack
- small bunch cilantro
- Remove noodles from package, keep season pack for dressing
- Pour 2 cups water into a microwave safe bowl
- Add noodles and microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Allow noodles to rest in hot water while making the dressing. Strain noodles right before tossing the salad
- Wash lettuce to remove sand. Drain on paper towel to remove excess water. Separate leaves to make cups for the Udon salad
- Grate hard boiled eggs. Use one of the lettuce cups to serve the grated eggs
- In a large bowl combine, shaved carrots, 2 cups slaw mix, and julienned red pepper, and drained UDON noodles
- In a small food processor, blend peanut butter, rice vinegar, olive oil, fresh grated ginger, light soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, prepared minced garlic, the contents of 1 UDON flavor packet, and honey.
- Blend until very well combined
- Pour dressing over salad and toss
- Cut precooked chicken into strips
- Assemble the lettuce cups, chicken and grated egg, and cilantro on a large serving tray
- Use one large lettuce cup as the bowl for the noodle salad
- To Serve: Fill one lettuce cup with a small amount of noodle salad, top with chicken and enjoy! Garnish with Sriracha sauce, chopped salted peanuts and edible flowers
- Salad can be made ahead and refrigerated but best served the same day
FOLLOW JSL Foods on TWITTER: HERE
FOLLOW JSL Foods on Facebook: HERE
For the Official Rules: HERE