Brownie cupcakes, filled with peanut butter and chocolate Oreo cookies. A dessert recipe that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
My recipe for Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes is adapted from wikihow: How to Make Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes.
The wikihow recipe calls for two Oreos instead of one, and I used less peanut butter stuffing. I’m sure the wiki recipe is just as satisfying as mine, but the fact is, my version is just as luscious and creamy and oozing with decadent peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
What makes this delicious Oreo peanut butter brownie cupcakes recipe so appealing are the endless options for the filling.
- Chocolate Lovers Oreo Brownie Cupcakes: substitute Nutella for the peanut butter
- Peanut Free Oreo Caramel Brownie Cupcakes: substitute two chewy caramel
- Oreo Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies: instead of peanut butter filling, blend together, 1 bag of pitted, frozen sweet cherries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and a dash of almond extract
- Oreo Chocolate Mint Brownie Cupcakes, add a York Peppermint Patty
Pick your pleasure, and enjoy!
- 1 package store bought brownie mix with chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 sleeves oreo cookies, 1 dozen
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 package cupcake holders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a medium mixing bowl combine brownie with 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and egg until just blended
- Put one oreo into each cupcake liner
- Top each cookie with 1 teaspoon peanut butter, Nutella or individual soft caramels
- Carefully add brownie batter to top of liner
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking for doneness after 15 minutes. The sides will be firm to the touch when done, however the top will remain soft due to the peanut butter filling
- Cool 3-4 minutes in pan, transfer to a serving plate, allow to cool completely
- Store in airtight container
More delicious cupcake recipes to try: