Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
The recipe for my Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes, is adapted from wikihow: How to Make Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes.
The wikihow recipe calls for two Oreos instead of one, and less peanut butter stuffing than I used. I’m sure the wiki recipe is just as satisfying as mine, but the fact is, my version teemed with a luscious and creamy texture, that oozed decadent peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
What makes this recipe so appealing is the endless options for the filling.
- Chocolate Lovers Oreo Brownie Cupcakes: substitute Nutella for the peanut butter
- Peanut Free Oreo Caramel Brownie Cupcakes: substitute two chewy caramel
- Oreo Chocolate Covered Cherry Brownies: instead of peanut butter filling, blend together, 1 bag of pitted, frozen sweet cherries, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and a dash of almond extract
- Oreo Chocolate Mint Brownie Cupcakes, add a York Peppermint Patty
Pick your pleasure, and enjoy!
- 1 package store bought brownie mix with chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 sleeves oreo cookies, 1 dozen
- 1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 package cupcake holders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a medium mixing bowl combine brownie with 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and egg until just blended
- Put one oreo into each cupcake liner
- Top each cookie with 1 teaspoon peanut butter, Nutella or individual soft caramels
- Carefully add brownie batter to top of liner
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking for doneness after 15 minutes. The sides will be firm to the touch when done, however the top will remain soft due to the peanut butter filling
- Cool 3-4 minutes in pan, transfer to a serving plate, allow to cool completely
- Store in airtight container