Italian fried chicken cutlets braised in butter, capers, white wine, and lemon sauce.
4 chicken breasts pounded to about 1/4 inch thick or cut thinly
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (omit for keto-friendly version)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 lemon zested
1 tablespoon olive oil more as needed
3 tablespoons butter more as needed
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Pinot Grigio or other crisp white wine
1/2 lemon juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
3 tablespoon capers drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
1. Combine the flour, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture
2. Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in hot oil. Add two or three breaded chicken cutlets to the hot pan and about 4-5 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Cook chicken in batches adding more butter and oil as necessary. Remove cooked chicken to a pan and keep warm.
3. After the chicken is cooked, melt 1/4 cup butter in the same pan. Add flour and make a roux. Whisk until smooth. Cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Gradually stir in chicken broth whisking after each addition until smooth.
5. Add lemon juice, white wine, and capers. Simmer 3 minutes, whisking occasionally.
6. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stire in parsley and serve with your favorite pasta.
For best results, be sure to use a good drinking wine when making the recipe. Remember if you wouldn't drink it, don't cook with it. I used a delicious Pinot Grigio which I also served with the meal.
When making chicken piccata serve with your favorite pasta. For low carb version, substitute Zucchini Noodles or Cauliflower Rice.
Keywords: Chicken Piccata Recipe, At Home with Rebecka Recipes, Italian, Chicken Recipes,