This recipe is the perfect brunch meal, keto-friendly and delicious served with bacon fried eggs, and white radishes
3 strips thick-cut pepper bacon, chopped and cooked crisp
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 grams (2 packets) Splenda
1/2 cup water
3-4 cups fresh mesclun or butter lettuce
2 large farm fresh eggs
6-10 white radishes
5 strawberries, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Edible pansies, marigolds, fresh herbs
- Cook bacon in sauté pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper-lined plate and set aside
- Fry eggs in hot bacon fat. Remove to a paper-lined plate and set aside
- Cook chopped onion in bacon fat until translucent. Stirring frequently.
- Add radishes to pan and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes
- Add Splenda, vinegar, water and stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half the bacon back to the pan and cook 1 more minute
- Wash garden greens in icy cold water and place them inside a salad spinner to remove excess water.
Add washed greens to a large bowl. Dress the salad with herbs, edible flowers, fried eggs, radishes and, remaining cooked bacon. Ladle hot bacon dressing over the salad and ENJOY!
- Other variations of this salad include:
- Wilted Mesculin Salad Paired with Brulee blue cheese bacon strips
- Wilted Butter Lettuce with Sauteed Prawns
Keywords: Fresh Garden Greens, Hot Bacon Dressing