by Rebecka Evans
6-8 small sweet potatoes
1/3 cup Florida Crystals Organic Brown Raw Sugar, plus more for dusting
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1/4 cup quince paste
heaping tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon Allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken stock or water
1 package cinnamon-flavored marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and dry them on a clean towel.
- Gently slice thin sections about two-thirds the way down into the potato, leaving a solid base. Some people use chopsticks as guides for cutting the potatoes others, large metal or wooden spoons. Continue in the manner with the remaining potatoes.
- Lay the cut potatoes into an oiled baking dish.
- Pour half the melted brown sugar mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle each potato with about 1 teaspoon brown sugar and then dot all the potatoes with the remaining butter. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top and cover with foil.
- Melt 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter with 1/3 cup Florida Crystals Organic Brown Raw Sugar, 1/4 cup quince paste, 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh sage, 1 teaspoon Allspice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 cup chicken stock or water in a medium saucepan until melted. Do not boil.
- Cook potatoes for 35-40 minutes or until fork-tender. In the last five minutes of cooking, add a layer of cinnamon marshmallows and cook till they are melted.
Keywords: Hasselback Sage and Quince Sweet Potato Bake