I'm not a fan of dense cornbread so after several attempts, I found the perfect recipe combination for cornbread cake!
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup Cake flour (if not available, use all-purpose)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cups white sugar
2 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons powdered buttermilk (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons honey
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flours, sugar, baking powder, powdered buttermilk, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir till just combined
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the cake browns and begins to show cracks
- Cool slightly before slicing
I serve my sweet cornbread cake with whipped peach butter. It's so good!!
To make the peach butter:
Whip 1 stick room temperature butter until soft and light in color. Stir in 2 heaping teaspoons of peach jam
Serve on with warm cornbread. ENJOY!