- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 2/3 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or oil)
- 3/4 - 1 pound leftover turkey, sliced
- 3/4 - 1 pound leftover ham, sliced
- 1/2 pound jalapeno Havarti cheese, sliced
- 2 6-ounce jars (1 1/2 cups) Wak's Perfect Peach Jam
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 16 long sandwich picks
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, garnish
- Preheat waffle iron to manufacturer's directions
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, milk, and melted butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add yolk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in egg whites.
- Drop large spoonfuls onto a greased waffle iron, close the lid and cook about 3-5 minutes.
- When the waffles are done, lay them on a baking sheet. Spead 1/2 teaspoon Wak's Perfect Peach Jam over the waffles. Add a layer of Havarti cheese and place under the broiler for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Spead 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise over each waffle and add layers of ham and turkey.
- Place two of the waffles together to make a sandwich.
- Secure the waffle sandwich with two sandwich picks and cut them in half, diagonally making 8 triangles
- Continue the process until all the batter is gone and sandwiches are made.
- Serve with a dollop of Whipped Peach Honey Butter (Recipe in Notes)
- Dust with 1/4 cup powdered sugar for garnish
This recipe makes 8 full-size Belgium waffles.
Whipped Peach Honey Butter
- 2 sticks, room temperature butter (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup whipped honey
- 3 tablespoons Wak's Perfect Peach Jam
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, whip room temperature butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
Add whipped honey and Wak's Perfect Peach Jam. Mix until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use