Campechana is a tomato-based Mexican mixed seafood cocktail. It can be made with baby octopus, oysters, mussels, shrimp, scallops, or white fish. My recipe incorporates grilled shrimp and contains freshly chopped vegetables.
- 1 12-ounce container Sam’s Fresh Watermelon Jicama Salsa
- 1/2 cup watermelon, chopped
- 1/2 cup jicama, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup red and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 pound Royal Red (or another favorite) Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Skewer shrimp on metal skewers before grilling
- Melt butter, add cayenne, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Whisk and brush skewered shrimp with butter mixture.
- Place shrimp on a preheated grill and cook for 2-3 minutes flip over and cook additional 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove shrimp from skewers.
- Skewer 4 individual shrimps on individual long picks and serve as garnish
- Chop remaining chargrilled shrimp into bite-size pieces, and stir into the cold mixture
- Serve with tortilla chips
Keywords: Watermelon Jicama Shrimp Capechana