It's such an honor...
To win First Place in this years JSL Foods, Twin Dragon Wrapper – Blogger Recipe Challenge - Holiday Desserts.
To the judges at Twin Dragon, thank you. I'm so honored!
List of category Winners: Drum roll please…
The winner’s have been selected! Thank you for everyone who participated. The recipes were truly amazing!
The winners are…
1st: At Home with Rebecka - $1,000.00 - https://athomewithrebecka.com/banana-split-egg-rolls/
2nd: The Artful Gourmet - $500.00 - https://www.theartfulgourmet.com/2021/01/crunchy-baked-taco-wonton-cups/
3rd. Kitchen at Hoskins (Tandoori chicken pockets) - $200.00 - https://www.kitchenathoskins.com/2021/02/11/tandoori-chicken-pockets/
Honorable Mention: A little and a lot - $100.00 - https://alittleandalot.com/wonton-cup-appetizers/
1st: Giggles gobbles and gulps - $1,000.00 - https://gigglesgobblesandgulps.com/nashville-hot-chicken-fried-egg-rolls/
2nd: Kitchen at Hoskins (Bang bang chicken Won Tons) - $500.00 - https://www.kitchenathoskins.com/2021/02/13/bang-bang-chicken-wontons/
3rd: The Vulgar chef - $200.00 - https://thevulgarchef.com/2021/01/19/birria-egg-rolls/
Honorable Mention: Living the Gourmet - $100.00 - https://livingthegourmet.com/2021/01/bulgogi-korean-beef-eggrolls.htmlSOURCE: jslfoods.com
Who said holiday appetizers have to be savory? The JSL Foods, Twin Dragon Wrapper – Blogger Recipe Challenge has me thinking outside the box with my sweet holiday appetizer, Banana Split Egg Rolls.
- 12 sheets, Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers
- 6 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 4-ounce jar ice cream nut topping mix
- 1 4 ounce jar ice cream pineapple topping
- ½ cup salted caramel topping
- ½ cup hot fudge topping
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Remove the Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers from the package. Cover with a damp paper towel
- Make egg wash by beating 1 egg in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Set aside
- Peel bananas and cut them in half (12 pieces) Cut the halved sections in half again, lengthwise
- Smear 1 teaspoon chocolate hazelnut spread on one half of the slices. Sprinkle nut topping over the chocolate and top with the remaining bananas like a sandwich
- Place the square egg roll wrapper on a flat surface in a diamond configuration (so that a corner is facing toward you).
- Place the filled banana on the corner closest to you
- Roll the corner closest to you over the banana once, gently tucking it under the banana.
- Next, fold over both the left and right sides of the wrapper towards the middle.
- Brush the egg wash over the opposite corner of the egg roll wrapper, taking care only to brush it on the wrapper itself.
- Now, with your fingers on top of the roll, continue tightly rolling the egg roll into a cigar shape until completely sealed.
- Fry egg rolls in 2 cups hot oil until golden brown. Drain on clean paper towel
- Melt hot fudge sauce in microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds
- Pour remaining nut topping into a shallow bowl
- Dip one end of each egg roll into the melted chocolate then dip that end into the nut topping
- Serve banana split egg rolls with pineapple, whipped topping, a drizzle of salted caramel and top with a maraschino cherry
Serve with all your favorite sundae toppings
Keywords: Banana Split Egg Rolls, Holiday Desserts, Twin Dragon Wrappers, Wontons, Egg Rolls, Gyoza, Contest Recipe, Sponsored
FOLLOW JSL FOODS SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
PURCHASE TWIN DRAGON WRAPPERS
You can purchase Twin Dragon Wrappers at Walmart, Albertsons, Shaw’s, Von’s, Stater Bros, Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway, Associated Stores, Giant Stores, Shop N Shop, Winco, and Price Chopper!
If they are not in your local store, ask them to carry Twin Dragon Wrapper products!