Fast and Easy
Fast and easy Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches are on the table in no time using a store-bought whole rotisserie chicken, mayonnaise, dried tarragon, and a few kitchen spices. Serve the fragrant chicken salad on fresh croissant rolls with a side of juicy grapes and hibiscus iced tea for the perfect hot weather lunch or dinner.
I love the versatility of chicken salad. It's simple to make, can be made ahead, and make it your own with add-ins such as almonds, walnuts, or any combination of dried fruits like cranberries, or apricots. One of my favorite versions is made with drained mandarin oranges, and slivered almonds and served in a pita.
Low Carb Version
For the ultimate low carb version, serve tarragon chicken salad over a fresh bed of garden greens, or even inside a sliced avocado.
Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, skinned, boned and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 1 Tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, fine chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 4 croissant rolls, sliced
- Remove skin from chicken. Pull all white and dark meat from bones and chop. Discard skin and bones or reserve them to make chicken stock.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir until they are well combined.
- Fill croissant rolls with chicken saladServe with grapes and hibiscus iced tea
This post is featured in the incredibly informative publication, fyi50+ Magazine a Senior Life Magazine committed to inspiring, informing, and entertaining the 50+ audience. To read my monthly recipe article(s), subscribe to the online magazine, or order the hard copy version, visit this LINK.