I was recently invited to compete in the Cape Code Select Summer Breeze Blogger Recipe Challenge. For this event I knew I had to create a dish that embodied the culture of a Mexican Fiesta by using the tart-sweetness of Cape Cod Premium Frozen Cranberries in my famous Queso Blanco Salsa. The frozen cranberries are the perfect complement to the salsa. The fresh flavors of sweet corn, red and yellow peppers, jalapeño, and cranberry combine perfectly for this challenge. Above all else, the sweet-tartness from the cranberry really hits the mark when paired with the creamy-saltiness from the Queso Blanco.
In addition to this recipe, I also created a Cranberry Margarita for the Cocktail challenge in the contest. My Cranberry Margaritas are refreshing and the best way to wash down this robust salsa. You can find the recipe HERE
I'm enjoying this challenge so much because I've been given the chance to work with Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries. Their product is grown to exceed some of the industries highest standards as they are Non-GMO verified and hold GLOBALG.A.P. Certification (http://globalgap.org/uk_en/for-consumers/).
The Rhodes Family has been growing cranberries on their 800 acre cranberry farm for more than 75 years. It's worth mentioning that they're a small, women-owned family business, dedicated to providing their customers with the highest quality product.
Using Cape Cod's frozen cranberries is like working with fresh cranberries in terms of taste and appearance. Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries are individually frozen and perfect once thawed at room temperature. They are also delicious.
THE CONTEST: Using Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries create
Beverages: (Alcoholic or Non-Alcoholic) My entry Cranberry Margarita's
Salsas: My entry Cranberry Queso Blanco Salsa
- 1 cup Cape Cod Frozen Cranberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large fresh jalapeño, seeded and ribs removed, fine chopped
- ½ cup chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1 ⅓ cups Queso Blanco with Green Chiles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add cranberries, cranberry juice, lime juice and sugar to a small sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cook until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain liquid from cranberries into a medium sized bowl
- Rough chop the cooled cranberries and add to the bowl
- Chop red and yellow peppers, jalapeño, onion and cilantro and add to the bowl
- Add sweet corn, and Queso Blanco to the bowl and toss mixture to combine
- Garnish with more cilantro and fresh lime wedges
- Serve with corn chips and my delicious Cranberry Margarita's
Do not forget to follow Cape Cod Select on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest as they provide regular updates on products, contests, recipes and more. Also check nearby stores for this great product or you can order these frozen cranberries online.