I was recently a contestant in the Karoun Dairies Blogger Recipe Challenge. I entered two recipes in the contest: Coconut Gopi Paneer-Grilled Chicken and Spinach Rice and Savory Labne Custard Pastries. Both recipes are new family favorites and filled with traditional Indian flavor. For the recipes, click the links above.
The challenge is over now and winner deliberation is underway. Winners will be announced in just a few weeks so wish me luck!
Each blogger was gifted two of the company's products for testing and recipe creation: Karoun Labne and Gopi Paneer. I made these delightful Gopi Paneer Honey-Rose Pistachio Crisps with some of the leftover Gopi Paneer.
Savory-Sweet Buttery Goodness
Similar to baklava these little crisps are so satisfyingly good! The combination of salty cheese, crunchy phyllo, and rose-infused honey are mouthwateringly good.
Made in Minutes
These buttery crisps are baked in the oven and made in minutes using just a few ingredients: phyllo dough, Gopi paneer, pistachios, honey, butter, and dried rose buds. The flavors are savory-sweet, and the perfect crispy, cheesy bite. I served mine with freshly brewed rose tea...a match made in heaven!
Gopi Paneer Honey-Rose Crisps
- 1 6-ounce Package Gopi Panner
- 1 Package Frozen Phyllo Doigh
- ½ Cups honey
- ¼ Cup Dried-whole and ground organic rose petals, divided I purchased organic rose tea buds
- ½ Cups salted pistachios, fine chopped, divided
- 1 Stick (½ cup butter
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Using fingers, crush half of the rose petals into the butter and stir to combine. Keep the remaking buds while to garnish
- Slice Gopi Paneer lengthwise into 1 inch long sticks
- Layer 2 sheets phyllo dough. Cut the dough into two or three long triangles.
- Place cut gopi panner at the wide end of the triangle and then spring with ¼ teaspoon chopped pistachios. Starting at the wide end, roll the cheese and nuts into a straw shape. Pinch the ends together and brush with melted butter. Continue the process until all the paneer is wrapped.
- Pre-heat over 400F.
- Place the crisps on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle baked crisps with more rose-honey. Garnish with dried and fresh roses. Serve with rose tea.