BLOGGER RECIPE CHALLENGE
I'm honored to be among 30 blogger contestants in the Karoun Dairies Blogger Recipe Challenge. Each blogger was gifted two of the company's products for testing and recipe creation: Karoun Labne and Gopi Paneer.
The flavors of Coconut Gopi Paneer Grilled Chicken and Spinach Rice are reminiscent of one of my favorite dishes; Saag Paneer.
Saag Paneer is a traditional dish eaten in South Asia with bread such as roti or naan also; Sag aloo is a common dish in Pakistani/Indian cuisine, made with handcrafted Paneer. A creamy soft cheese fried in ghee is added to a sumptuous creamy broth and fresh-cooked spinach or other hearty green leaf vegetables.
RECIPE RIFF: a take on one of my favorites
My recipe is a riff on saag panner incorporating the Karoun Gopi Paneer instead of homemade and served with delightful spinach-infused rice. The sauce is smooth and spicy with a hint of acidity added from freshly squeezed lemon juice. The Gopi Panner and grilled chicken are a robust combination of proteins; perfectly matched for maximum flavor. This is a new family favorite recipe.
This recipe is entered in the Entree Category.
Coconut Gopi Paneer-Grilled Chicken and Spinach Rice
For the Paneer and Chicken
- 3-4 Tablespoons ghee or olive oil divided
- 1 cup red onion chopped and divided
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 8 ounce package Karoun Diaries Gopi Paneer chopped into cubes
- 2 pounds grilled, cooked chicken breast I used pre-cooked from the grocery
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 13 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon fish sauce optional if not available
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 5 oz package baby spinach, prewashed about 5 cups
- 2 Tablespoons butter
For the Paneer and Chicken
- Sauté 2 tablespoons minced garlic, and ½ cup red onion in 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee until translucent. Add chopped chicken and chopped paneer. Stir to combine. Add powdered spices and sugar and cook for 3 minutes to allow the oils to release. Stir over medium heat
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Cook until reduced by half.
For the Spinach Rice
- Sauté 1 tablespoon minced garlic and ½ cup red onions in 2 tablespoons oil or ghee. Add spinach and cook until all the juices are gone. Remove from pan and chop roughly.
- Add butter and 1 more tablespoon of oil to the spinach pan. Add cooked rice and stir until well coated with butter mixture. Add the spinach back into the pan and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Serve coconut paneer chicken over spinach rice and garnish with fresh lemons and parsley
ABOUT THE CONTEST
- The contest has two categories:
- Appetizer Category: using either Karoun Labne or Gopi Paneer: $500.00 Cash Prize
- Entree Category: using either Karoun Labne or Gopi Paneer: $500.00 Cash Prize
FOLLOW AND SHOP
Be sure to follow Karoun Mediterranean Cheese at the links below
HOW TO MAKE PANNER FROM SCRATCH
I love making homemade Paneer cheese. It was one of the first cheeses I made over 11 years ago. It's so easy to make and super delicious.
For the recipe click the link HERE