Macaroni Salad with preserved lemon, curry, and turmeric is a delightful way to eat preserved lemons. This simple macaroni salad is served warm to showcase the mildness of preserved lemon and the warm flavors of curry and turmeric.
The macaroni salad can be served as a delicious side or transformed into a hearty meal with the addition of grilled chicken.
Marinate chicken for one hour in ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon turmeric and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. Grill marinated chicken until juices run clear. Slice and serve over warm macaroni salad.
For my Preserved Meyer Lemon recipe, click this LINK or the photo.
Warm Preserved Lemon Curry Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water for cooking pasta
- ¼ cup chopped preserved lemons
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup sweet onion
- 1 3 ounce jar marinated or plane chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon dried turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring pasta to a boil and cook for 12 minutes or until fork tender. Using a colander, strain out water and return pasta to warm stock pot
- Dice vegetables and add to cooked pasta
- In a separate bowl combine, mayonnaise, sour cream and spices together, add mixture to pasta and stir to combine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To garnish: serve with lemon wedges and a light dusting of dried turmeric
- Optional: add green or red peppers for color and crunch
More pasta or macaroni salad recipes to try:
Leave a Reply