French Crepes with Persimmon Butter is a delicious crepes recipe, perfect for Valentine's Day or a weekend brunch.
Surprise your sweetheart this Valentine's Day with a decadent and delicious breakfast. French crepes slathered in homemade persimmon butter. Seriously, this just might just be the best breakfast you've ever tasted. Click this LINK for canning persimmon butter recipes.
I hope that you and your Valentine enjoy the French crepes recipe!
French Crepes with Persimmon Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter for sauté pan
Directions for the Crepes
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until smooth, batter should be very runny, add additional milk if batter is too thick
- Heat ½ teaspoon butter in a non-stick saute pan over medium high heat
- Pour ¼ cup batter into hot pan, swirling pan to evenly distribute batter over the bottom of the pan
- Cook over medium high heat until edges begin to turn up
- Flip the crepe over and cook the other side, about 2 minutes each side
- Continue this process until all batter is gone, recipes makes about 6 crepes
Ingredients and Directions for the Persimmon Butter
- 5 peeled and cubed persimmons
- 1 teaspoon bottled lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Sugar to taste, optional
- 1 Cinnamon stick, optional
- Peel, hull and cube persimmons
- In a large heavy bottom stock pot, combine fruit and lemon juice
- Cook over medium heat allowing fruit to soften and release juices, about 20 minutes
- Taste for sweetness, add sugar to taste if necessary
- Remove from heat
- With a potato masher or using an immersion blender, blend until consistency is smooth like Butter, it should resemble thick applesauce
- Pour hot persimmon butter over cooked crepes
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and powder sugar, ENJOY!
Tried this recipe?Mention @athomewithrebecka or tag #athomewithrebecka!
Leave a Reply