Salmon Puffs "Stella" Style:
Traditional salmon puffs are routinely fried in hot oil but my recipe gives them a new healthy twist baked in The Oyster Bed "Stella" Tray. The cooked puffs can be served on a chilled Steak Bed as an entrée nestled atop a crisp and fruity salad or served as an appetizer for a crowd. The Sriracha Remoulade is not only a fantastic dipping sauce it makes a wonderful salad dressing; all you need to finish the dish are a few lemon wedges and the company of your mom this Mother's Day.
As an ambassador for the folks at the Oyster Bed Company I'm eager to create new recipes using their patent pending, multi purpose, multi function cookware. It's not only beautiful its multi purpose function makes it a stunning vessel for any number of delicious recipes.
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mild pepper ring juice
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 18 ounces wild caught canned salmon, drained liquid reserved
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon hot-sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Place the Stella Oyster Tray into the oven and heat until ready to make the puffs
- In a small bowl combine Panko crumbs, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Stir to combine set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve
- Drain salmon liquid into a small bowl and reserve for later
- mix salmon, eggs, flour, hot-sauce, salt, pepper together in a medium bowl
- Measure ⅓ cup reserved liquid, discard the rest. Add baking powder to the liquid and whip until foamy. Add the foam mixture to the salmon mixture and stir to combine
- Use oven mitts to remove heated Stella Oyster Tray from oven and brush olive oil lightly into each oyster shaped depression
- Spoon even amounts of the salmon mixture into each depression.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon topping mix over each and bake in oven for 25 minutes
- Serve with Remoulade, mild pickled pepper rings, and lemon wedges
Happy Mother's Day