Matcha Mascarpone Ice Cream is homemade soft serve ice cream. This soft serve ice cream recipe comes together quickly and easily with the use of a soft serve ice cream machine.
The folks at Ice Cream Depot gifted me one of their World's First At-Home Automatic Soft Serve Ice Cream Machines to review, right before the holidays. Unfortunately, I had shoulder surgery November 2016, and I'm still suffering with just the use of one arm.
Despite the doctors recommendation, I'm feeling well enough to finally post my review of this amazing machine, along with an associated soft serve ice cream recipe, Matcha Mascarpone Ice Cream with Homemade Nutty Cinnamon Granola.
My matcha mascarpone ice cream recipe has been submitted to Chef's Roll Milk Contest.
This is my take of food trend predictions for 2017, using milk as an ingredient. My prediction, and many other food trend enthusiasts agree, is that we should be eating ice cream for breakfast!
Making the argument for ice cream at breakfast is simple because it's delicious, and very nutritious. Matcha mascarpone ice cream is made with whole milk and heavy cream and packed with calcium, vitamin D, and protein. Matcha green tea powder is high in antioxidants, loaded with Catechin, EGCg. It enhances a sense of calm and boosts memory and concentration, it also increases energy levels, and endurance.
Another crazy fact: Matcha burns calories and detoxifies the body and fortifies the immune system. This nutritious bowl of ice cream is fortified with more protein and fiber by adding homemade granola, made with an assortment of nuts and whole oats.
Mascarpone cheese adds a decadent creaminess to the ice cream, as well as 4 percent of your daily calcium needs. In addition to keeping your bones strong, calcium plays a role in the function of your heart, muscles and nerves, too. Another nutritional plus of mascarpone cheese is the low sodium content. With all the health benefits in a bowl of ice cream, it sounds like a really good choice for breakfast to me.
So skip your morning donut and have some matcha mascarpone ice cream for breakfast.
About the competition:
Calling all CALIFORNIA Chefs and Cooks – show us your food trend predictions for 2017 using MILK as an ingredient or in a perfect pairing for a chance to win awesome prizes! From the entries, our panel of judges will pick 12 semi-finalists that will win a custom Got Milk Chef Spoon, then 4 finalists will be chosen and receive a special Got Milk apron by Lost Car Chef Apparel. The selected Grand Prize winner will get a $750 KitchenAid Commercial Blender! The contest is NOW OPEN for submissions until January 22nd 10pm PST!
Enter here: http://bit.ly/CRgotmilkcontest
My package from the company included 20 soft serve, milkshake and drink mixes! The professional-quality soft serve ice cream maker can make an assortment of frozen yogurt, sherbet and frozen adult beverages, right at home. The good news, the Ice Cream Depot SX1000 Home Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine comes fully assembled, all you need to do is plug it in. It makes batch after batch, in just minutes, with no bowls to freeze. Just pour in your mix, set the timer and walk away. Dispense when you're ready, it'll keep your soft serve cold for hours until you're ready to enjoy.
The machine makes 35 ounces (1.125 quarts) of frozen product (roughly 8-10 soft serve cones). It makes either soft serve, slush drinks, milk shakes or adult beverages, and weighs approximately 45 pounds. It takes up a bit of counter space, but is compact enough to easily store when not in use.
The first week we had the ice cream maker I had to enlist the help of my husband because of my shoulder. He loves how easy the machine is to use, as well as the ease of using the pre-packaged ice cream mixes. The pre-mixed product is blended with water or milk, resulting in a beautiful creamy soft serve.
We tried all of the flavors over the course of a few weeks. Our favorite flavors are Butter Pecan soft serve, Chocolate soft serve, and Caramel Macchiato Frappe. The big kids love the Margarita mix. The only favor my family doesn't like is the Strawberry. It is just too sweet, and has an artificial aftertaste.
I was happy to try homemade recipes next and curious to see the difference in homemade versus the pre mixed packets. I was extremely pleased with the result.
I tried three homemade soft serve ice cream recipes to date, and all of them have turned out beautifully.
My favorite thus far is the matcha mascarpone soft serve, so I've chosen to share the recipe with you.
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons powdered Matcha
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¾ cups sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned roll oats
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup sun flower seeds
- ¾ cup crushed pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks with ¾ cup sugar and mix with a handheld mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, combine milk and cream and remaining 2 tablespoon sugar, bring to a simmer (do not boil). slowly add warm milk to the egg mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan. Turn heat to medium low and cook stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 5 minutes) again, do not let the mixture boil. Turn off the heat, add the matcha and mascarpone. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a glass bowl add lemon juice and salt. Mix to combine.
- Cool over an ice bath for about 30 minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture to aid cooling process. Pour custard into ice cream maker and process per the manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately or transfer soft serve ice cream to an airtight container and freeze until firm. About 2 hours
- Pre heat oven 325 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment
- In a large bowl combine oats and nuts. Stir to combine
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter with honey. Add cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread granola evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes until golden brown. About 20 minutes.
Ice Cream Depot has generously offered a personalized discount code for At Home with Rebecka blog subscribers ‘ATHOME50’ Visit their website and SAVE $50 on your purchase of an Ice Cream Depot machine.
Here's another fun idea: make Matcha Mascarpone Ice Cream Sandwiches...YUMMY!
Another delicious ice cream recipe to try:
Citrus Mint Sherbet No Churn Ice Cream