Radish and herb butter sandwiches are not just delightful to eat, they also serve as a trigger food for memories of my childhood. Today's recipe is homage to my mom, who introduced me to cultivating radishes and then making them into a scrumptious lunch. There are just too many great radish eating moments to share; suffice to say, they were all yummy!
Radish and herb butter sandwiches make an easy appetizer, and are beautiful when plated; perfect for Sunday tea with friends, or simply enjoyed for lunch. Serve with a light and fruity white wine.
I hope you enjoy these radish and herb butter sandwiches as much as I do!
Radish and Herb Butter Sandwiches
- 1 loaf multigrain bread cut thinly into slices
- 1 pound good butter I used Kerrygold
- 1 large bunch radishes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fill clean sink or large bowl with cold water and submerge radishes to loosen sand and dirt. Soak for 2-3 minutes, rinse in cold water and drain on a clean towel
- Set butter at room temperature for 5 minutes or until soft enough to blend with herbs
- Finely chop herbs
- In a medium bowl blend softened butter with herbs, salt and pepper to taste
- Slice bread thinly, spread one side of bread with 1-2 teaspoons of herb butter
- Slice radishes very thinly and place several slices over buttered bread, serve
Other radish recipes to try are pan roasted brown butter radishes and Butter Sea Salt Radishes. Those delicious radishes are a simple summer snack and are perfect for a summer picnic!
Leave a Reply