Asian cucumber salad is so addicting!
The flavors are so fresh and savory-sweet with a satisfying crunch from the cocktail cucumbers and salty peanuts.
I serve Asian Cucumber salad with burgers, ramen, rice, and all my favorite Korean dishes, but mostly, I eat them as a snack right out of the bowl.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1 ½ pounds cocktail or English cucumbers
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Nikky's Black soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons Nikky's Crispy Thai Basil Chili or Chili Paste
- ¼ Cup salted peanuts, coarse chopped
- Wash and pat dry cucumbers. Score the cucumbers with a fork to create grooves for the sauce to penetrate
- Slice cucumber into ½ inch chunks. Place in a bowl and toss with salt to release water. Let rest for a few minutes. Drain the cucumbers but do not rinse. Return to the original bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix to combine
- Taste to adjust the salt and heat of the chili. Add more to taste. Refrigerate for up to 3 days. ENJOY!
New Products by - NIKKY PHINYAWATANA, OWNER OF ASIAN MINT, DALLAS TX
I've been testing new products for an upcoming YouTube show with Nikky's Thai Takeover, in Dallas next week. Her products took this traditional Asian salad over the top with an authentic Thai flavor.
Nikky, thanks for sending me the sauces and chili packets to try. I'm in love!
My favorite products so far... Crispy Thai Basil (I put this on EVERYTHING), Sweet & Sour, and Black Soy Sauces however, all of Nikky's sauces are bursting with an authentic Thai flavor.
Stay tuned for more on where you can watch my episode of Nikky's Thai Takeover shenanigans but for now...check out Nikky's Blog HERE.
Do You Have a Favorite Go-To Summer Salad?
I really love Asain salads on hot summer days. What's your favorite Go-To summer salad?
Leave a Reply