ASIAN FUSION - TONS OF FLAVOR
Thank you, Serious Foodie for including me in the 2021 Blogger Recipe Challenge. The opportunity to test your Asian Fusion rubs and sauces has been a true inspiration of flavor.
My recipe submission for the The Serious Foodie Recipe Challenge 2021, Appetizer Category is Asian Fusion Wagyu Beef Dumplings infused with Serious Foodies Indonesian Sambal Hot Sauce, Asia Fusion Sweet and Spicy Rub and Served with Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce and soft boiled quail eggs. These little dumplings are too die for! YUM!
Asian Fusion Wagyu Beef Dumplings
- 1 ½ pounds wagyu beef ground
- 2 teaspoons Serious Foodie - Asia Fusion Sweet and Spicy Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Serious Foodie - Sambal Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil divided
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 8-ounce package dumpling wrappers 24 wrappers
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil for frying dumplings
- ¼ cup water to steam dumplings
- 6 qual eggs soft boiled
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds garnish
- In a medium bowl combine, wagyu beef, Serious Foodie - Asia Fusion Sweet and Spicy Rub, Serious Foodie - Sambal Sauce, chopped green onion, ½ teaspoon sesame oil, and soy sauce.
- Fill dumpling wrappers with about 1 teaspoon meat mixture. Fold over and pinch the edges to seal the dumpling. Dumpling molds can also be used to assist in shaping and sealing the dumplings.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Place the dumplings in hot oil making sure the bottoms of the dumpling are sitting flat on the pan. Cook for 3 minutes without turning. Check to see if the bottom of the dumplings are browned. Cook 1 minute longer if need to brown. Add ¼ cup water to the pan and cover immediately. Steam the dumplings for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve the dumplings with soft boiled quail eggs and Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce for dipping. Garnish with black sesame seeds and ENJOY!
The original sauces – now our “Signature Sauce” line – come directly from places we’ve traveled, and chefs that have shared their secrets with us. Our goal is to make home gourmet cooking simple and interesting – and to connect people by sharing food cultures from around the world. We say that we can learn about people and culture by the ways they share meals with one another – food is a common language.serious foodie.com
WHY SO SERIOUS?
Founded in 2014 as a food/travel blog, we heard from friends and family members that it would be fun, and great service, to share some of our experiences of world cuisines to other serious foodies. So we did just that. Serious Foodie is made using a small batch, artisan approach, with an eye on the quality of each and every ingredient, down to the salt we use. We look to use at least one ingredient in each product that is region-specific.https://serious-foodie.com/about/
BE SURE TO FOLLOW SERIOUS FOODIE
You can follow The Serious Foodie on their website on Facebook on Instagram and Twitter
#SeriousFoodieRecipeChallenge #SeriousFoodie #BitesAroundTheWorld
Leave a Reply