Serious Foodie - 2021 Blogger Recipe Challenge
ASIAN FUSION - TONS OF FLAVOR
Thank you, Serious Foodie for including me in the 2021 Blogger Recipe Challenge. The opportunity to test your Asian Fusion rubs and sauces has been a culinary journey of authentic, regional Asian flavors.
MY ENTRY: Chinese BBQ Sambal Sliders with Vietnamese Sweet Chili Mandarine Orange Slaw
My recipe entry for The Serious Foodie Recipe Challenge 2021 can be served as an Entree or Appetizer: Chinese BBQ Sambal Sliders with Vietnamese Mandarine Orange Slaw are comprised of ground wagyu beef infused with Serious Foodies Indonesian Sambal Hot Sauce, Chinese BBQ Spice Rub, cooked in a quick Sambal glaze, and served with Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce Mandarine Slaw.
HOLY YUM! These tasteful sliders are the perfect appetizer when entertaining or served as an entree with a side of sweet potato fries.
The original sauces – now our “Signature Sauce” line – come directly from places we’ve traveled, and chefs that have shared their secrets with us. Our goal is to make home gourmet cooking simple and interesting – and to connect people by sharing food cultures from around the world. We say that we can learn about people and culture by the ways they share meals with one another – food is a common language.
Chinese BBQ Sambal Sliders with Vietnamese Sweet Chili Mandarine Orange Slaw
- 1 ¼ pounds wagyu beef, ground
- 2 teaspoons Serious Foodie Chinese BBQ Spice Rub
- 2 tablespoons Serious Foodie Sambal Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil for pan frying
- 10 slider buns
- 2 Tablespoons Serious Foodie Indonesian Sambal Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Mandarine Orange Slaw
- 4 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Serious Foodie Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce
- 15 ounce mandarine orange segments, drained and rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Burgers
- I a medium bowl, combine ground wagyu beef with Serious Foodie BBQ rub, sambal sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Measure out ¼ cup mixture and form into balls. Press into ¼ thick patty.Heat a heavy skillet to medium high heat. Add oil and fry patties until desired internal temperature. I prefer no pink in my burgers.
For the Glaze
- Combine Sambal sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce together in a small bowl. Spoon glaze over burgers evenly and cook 1 minute on each side.
For the Slaw
- In a large bowl combine, shredded cabbage, Serious Foodie Vietnamese Sweet Chili Hot Sauce, mandarine oranges, green onions, rice vinegar, sugar, and season with salt. Toss to combine.
- Toast slider buns. Add a glazed burger to each bun and top with mandarine orange slaw and secure top bun with tooth pick. Serve warm. ENJOY!
WHY SO SERIOUS?
Founded in 2014 as a food/travel blog, we heard from friends and family members that it would be fun, and great service, to share some of our experiences of world cuisines to other serious foodies. So we did just that. Serious Foodie is made using a small batch, artisan approach, with an eye on the quality of each and every ingredient, down to the salt we use. We look to use at least one ingredient in each product that is region-specific.https://serious-foodie.com/about/