Chocolate mint cookies are thick and chewy cookies, packed with chocolate mint flavor! This easy make ahead freezer cookies recipe for chocolate mint cookies makes the perfect addition to a holiday cookie platter. Great for cookie exchanges, too!
This months theme: Make Ahead Freezer Cookies!
I love the idea of making a batch of freezer cookies to bake fresh another day especially, during the holiday season.
These make ahead chocolate mint cookies are the perfect addition to any holiday cookie platter!
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup powdered cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add vinegar to milk, set aside
- Thoroughly cream shortening and sugar
- Add egg, extract, and soured milk to mixture and combine
- Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture, blend until well combined
- Shape dough into roll, about 2 inch in diameter,
- Wrap dough in waxed paper, freeze for up to 3 weeks or chill for 4-6 hours
- Slice dough into thin cookies and place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes
- The cookie flavor was superb but a bit too thick for a wafer type cookie. Slice dough less than 1/4 inch thick, and slightly flatten with a rolling pin. I used butter which made the dough too wet, I had to add about 2 tablespoons flour; it's best to use shortening
To join in the fun, just complete the steps below:
1. Write a blog post with recipe and original photo. The theme this month is make ahead freezer cookies for the holidays. The post should describe how to freeze the dough and also how to bake the dough when you are ready. We would like the recipe to be one you’re making for the first time, and photos must be original.
2. Post the Cookie Exchange badge somewhere on your blog so others can join in the fun:
3. Make a good faith effort to visit and comment on the other cookies in the Linky party. We all love cookies so that should be easy!
4. LIKE the Creative Cookie Exchange Facebook Page
5. FOLLOW the Creative Cookie Exchange Pinterest Board:
6. LINK your blog post below using the Linky tool
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration for this month’s theme, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made so far:
Chocolate Mint Cookies from At Home With Rebecka
A link will be included below the list that will allow you to get the code for this list and put it on your blog. By doing this, the same list appears on every blog that includes the code so that people can “hop” from blog to blog. As other link up, their recipes will appear on your posts linky.