Pumpkin pie soup is the perfect soup for fall! The rich pumpkin flavor, balanced by pumpkin pie seasoning and a savory base, is pure nirvana!
Pumpkin Pie Soup is ridiculously easy to make, tasty, and one of my favorite Fall recipes.
Pumpkin Pie Soup
- Pumpkin Pie Soup
- serves 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 45 ounces canned pumpkin
- ½ cup white onion
- ½ cup carrot
- ¼ cup celery
- 2 teaspoons chicken base substitute vegetable stock for vegetarian version
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- Roughly chop onion, carrot, and celery, add vegetable oil to a heavy bottom 5 quart stock pot, cook vegetables on medium high heat, until onions are translucent, do not brown
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add water, apple cider and chicken base to vegetables, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add canned pumpkin and spices, stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and blend ingredients with a immersion hand held blender until mixture is smooth, return to heat
- Reduce heat to low and return stock pot to stove top, add heavy cream and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with ginger snaps or graham crackers and a dollop of whipped cream.