Fortune Noodle Mushroom and Green Bean Soup Bowl...is one of those recipes that came together because I couldn't decide if I was in the mood for traditional Ramen Noodles or Soba Buckwheat Noodles; I decided to have both!
JSL Foods sent me some product to use in their 2nd Annual Blogger Recipe Challenge a few weeks ago however, I missed the contest submission deadline due to a loss in the family. Thankfully, the noodles have a shelf life of 3 months after manufacture and of course, they have a Use By date on the package.
The challenge: "Bloggers were challenged to show off their culinary creativity by submitting original recipes of “Asian Influenced Soups” using Fortune Udon Noodles offered by JSL Foods."
I put my contest noodles to good use for dinner the other night making this delicious 15 minute meal.
Fortune Mushroom and Green Bean Soup Bowl
- 1 package Fortune Ramen Miso Pork Flavor
- 1 package Fortune Soba Buckwheat Shoyu Flavor
- 10 medium button mushrooms
- ½ cup fresh green beans
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 ½ cups water for 2 packages of ramen and then follow the manufactures directions
- I use only 1 packet of the flavor mix.
- Wash and slice 10 medium button mushrooms, ½ cup fresh green beans and 2 scallions. Sauté the mushrooms in a saucepan with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil. Once the mushrooms are cooked and all the water is evaporated, season with salt and pepper and set them to the side. The green beans are sautéed in the same pan with the addition of ½ teaspoon sesame oil and cooked until just tender, leaving them with a beautiful color and crunch. In the same pan, add 2 ½ cups water for 2 packages of ramen and then follow the manufactures directions. I use only 1 packet of the flavor mix. Garnish the soup with scallions, Sriracha sauce and sesame seeds. For added flavor I tossed in a few teaspoons fresh Thai Basil. That’s it!