I've tried to re-create the Butter Chess Pie recipe from Furr's Cafeteria for years! I've come close but never met the standard for the creamy, rich flavor of the original recipe.
Butter Chess Pie
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- For the Filling1 cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- For The Crust3 ounces cream Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- For the FillingWith electric mixer, cream butter and sugar
- Add egg yolks blend until combined
- Add vanilla, and flour beating on medium speed
- Pour into a prepared crust and bake for 45-55 minutes or until set in the middle
- Chill pie overnight
- For the CrustMake crust using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until well combined. Add flour and mix until dough forms a ball. Pat into a 9 inch pie pan. Chill.
- Optional: 9 inch frozen deep dish pie shell