I'm honored to be chosen as a participant in Florida Crystals' Blogger Recipe Challenge. I'm already a fan of their organic sugars, and I'm excited to use them for this contest.
Hasselback Sage and Quince Sweet Potato Bake is made with warm holidays spices and the tart-sweetness of quince paste taking ordinary sweet potatoes to another level of deliciousness; add the fine cuts of Hassleback potatoes, copious portions of butter, and the sweet goodness from the Florida Crystals Organic Brown Raw Sugar.
About the Challenge
Do you have what it takes to win the $2,500.00?! All qualified participants will receive Organic Brown Raw Cane Sugar, Florida Crystals Organic Powdered Raw Cane Sugar, and Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar.Below are the categories:Florida Crystals
Baking Category Winner: $500.00 Cash Prize
Vegan Category Winner: $500.00 Cash Prize
Thanksgiving Category Winner: $500.00 Cash Prize
Grand Prize Winner: $1,000.00 Cash Prize
I've entered this recipe into the "Thanksgiving Category" of the contest.
Hasselback Sage and Quince Sweet Potato Bake are the perfect additions to any holiday sideboard, and can even be served as a simple side dish anytime of year. The luscious flavors from the sage and sweet potato bake paired perfectly with my favorite Conecuh Sausage.Print
by Rebecka Evans
6-8 small sweet potatoes
⅓ cup Florida Crystals Organic Brown Raw Sugar, plus more for dusting
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
¼ cup quince paste
heaping tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon Allspice
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken stock or water
1 package cinnamon-flavored marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- Wash sweet potatoes and dry them on a clean towel.
- Gently slice thin sections about two-thirds the way down into the potato, leaving a solid base. Some people use chopsticks as guides for cutting the potatoes others, large metal or wooden spoons. Continue in the manner with the remaining potatoes.
- Lay the cut potatoes into an oiled baking dish.
- Pour half the melted brown sugar mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle each potato with about 1 teaspoon brown sugar and then dot all the potatoes with the remaining butter. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top and cover with foil.
- Melt 1 stick (½ cup) of butter with ⅓ cup Florida Crystals Organic Brown Raw Sugar, ¼ cup quince paste, 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh sage, 1 teaspoon Allspice, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 cup chicken stock or water in a medium saucepan until melted. Do not boil.
- Cook potatoes for 35-40 minutes or until fork-tender. In the last five minutes of cooking, add a layer of cinnamon marshmallows and cook till they are melted.
Keywords: Hasselback Sage and Quince Sweet Potato Bake
Follow Florida Crystals #Ad
Check the links below for more information about Florida Crystals Organic Raw Sugar and where to purchase their products.
Follow Florida Crystals
#FloridaCrystals, #FCChallenge, #Sweeps
Looking for another classic holiday appetizer you can make ahead? Check out my Marinated Herb Cheese Recipe