My third and final recipe for the Real Women of Philadelphia Delicious Dream Vacation Challenge. Kakavia (ka-kavh-VAH)Greek Fisherman's Stew, cousin to the French Bouillabaisse. Rich and delicious this recipe is transformed Philly Style using the Savory Garlic Cooking Creme by Kraft! You will be swept away by the full creamy flavor of this delicious recipe!
Unfortunately, this is not my final cut version. Two endings!! Jeez! This video has given me fits from start to finish! Luckily, the recipe tasted delicious!
- 1 10 ounce tub Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
- 1 ½ pounds whole fresh red snapper
- 2 pounds 10 ounce bottles clam juice
- 3 large chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chopped potato
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lemons juiced
- 7 cups water
- 1 package cheese cloth
- wash vegetables and chop
- fill large stock pot with 7 cups water
- add soup base ingredients with the exception of lemon and fish
- remove spiny fins from fish using a kitchen shear and cut fish into large chunks
- salt and pepper fish pieces
- wrap fish in cheese cloth that has been folded in half and tie ends together with kitchen twine or twist tie, submerge fish bundle into stock pot
- bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes
- reduce heat to medium and add juice from 3 lemons
- cook for 35 minutes
- remove fish bundle from stew, draining excess liquid back into pot
- remove cheese cloth, pick through meat to remove bones and skin
- return fish to stock pot, cook additional 5 minutes
- serve with lemon wedges and a crusty bread
You're such a doll P'La! I can't tell you how wonderful it would be to be picked as one of the five finalists for Greece! You've also done an amazing job with all of your video submissions so I wouldn't be surprised to see you on the list for Italy or Greece. Your Magic Philly Rolled Rice Pudding (μαγεία Philly έλασης ρυζόγαλο)sounds amazing and Dark Chocolate Pistachio Indulgence Gelato...YUMMY! I would really like to be in the top 5 with you my new RWOP friend! Best of luck♥
Rebecka-- Wonderful video! You are definitely at the top of my top five pick for Greece week-- Best of Luck honey-- I hope your dreams come true!
Thanks ladies!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Great job on the video, Rebecka! I really enjoyed watching you cook, really nice recipe! Good Luck!! 😉
Oh MY!! This sounds absolutely delicious! I can't wait for the weather to cool off so I can try this recipe! Decadent as always, Rebecka!