Lucky Foods Blogger Recipe Challenge
Asian Inspired Flatbread Appetizer
This month's Blogger Recipe Challenge is sponsored by Lucky Foods. The female-owned and operated company supplied 30 hand-picked bloggers with three of their new products for this recipe challenge. I'm thankful for being chosen to compete and test Lucky Foods' new line of sauce.
The task is to create out-of-the-box recipes with their new sauces with a chance to win cash prizes for our best appetizers and entree creations.
- Kalbi or Bulgogi BBQ Sauces
- Kimchi Mayo
- Gochujang Paste
Recipe Categories and Prizes
- One Grand Prize Winner: $1,000.00
- One Entree Category Winner: $500 Cash Prize
- One Appetizer Category Winner: $500 Cash Prize
Bursting with Flavor
Throughout history, flatbreads have been produced just about everywhere, originating in ancient Egypt with many cultures having their own versions of this delicious and economical meal.
One of my favorite versions of flatbread is the Polish street bread called ZAPIEKANKA. Traditionally made with ground mushrooms, served on a piece of crusty bread, and drizzled with ketchup; my Asian Inspired version is infused with Chinese five-spice, Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce, and Kimchi Mayo.
Before baking in a hot oven, the flatbread is smeared with a generous amount of Lucky Foods, Kalbi Sauce, sauteed ground mushrooms seasoned with Chinese five-spice, green onions, and sesame oil topped with sauteed bok choy. Once baked, the crispy bread is drizzled with Kimchi Mayo for the most mouth-watering fusion flatbread appetizer EVER.
The Lucky Brand Sauces sauces are delicious, bursting with flavor, and are perfect for dinner or your next family party.
This recipe is entered in the Lucky Foods Blogger Recipe Challenge, Appetizer Category.
Kalbi Mushroom Flatbread
- 2 flatbreads
- 2 ½ cups diced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons Lucky Food Kimchi Mayo
- ⅛ teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
Sauteed Bok Choy
- 5 mini bok choy cut in half then in quarters
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Dice mushrooms. Heat non-stick pan or wok, over medium-high heat. Add sesame and peanut oil. Toss in quartered bok choy and sesame seeds. Cook/stir fry for 1-3 minutes. Don't overcook. Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain
- Add a few more drops of sesame oil and butter to the pan. Saute mushrooms until all the liquid is gone. About 5 minutes. Add chopped green onions and cook 1 more minute. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Brush flatbread with a few drops of sesame oil and bake in a preheated 350 F. oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush each flatbread with Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce (about two tablespoons each)
- Top flatbread with equal amounts of the mushroom mixture and cooked bok Choy. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Slice cooked flatbread and drizzle with Lucky Foods, Kimchi Mayo
For More Information - Follow Lucky Foods
- Website: https://luckyfoods.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luckyfoods/
- Instagram: https//www.imstagram.com/eatluckyfoods/