Mahón-Menorca Cheese Fondue Dip with Roasted Veggies is all you need for a hearty dinner this Holiday Season. Share it with your special someone or enjoy it alone, either way, you're sure to be filled with the delicious taste of Mahón-Menorca Spain.
I really like the idea of having a heavy appetizer for dinner to keep me satisfied yet not overly stuffed during the holidays, especially when it's rich and sumptuous fondue made with Mahón-Menorca cheese.
Paired with a crisp bottle of white wine, you won't miss the meat with this entrée offering as it's served with a selection of deliciously roasted mixed vegetables and bread cubes. Did I mention it only takes 35 minutes to prepare?
My recipe uses Greek yogurt which gives the dish a recognizable tang, combined with the unmistakable milky taste and slightly buttery characteristic of Mahón-Menorca Semi-Curd cheese.There's nothing more extravagant and unexpected as the flavor of cheese fondue, accentuated by the addition of sun-dried tomatoes. Every bite is a new sensation with roasted vegetables, seasoned in sea salt and red pepper flakes.
This recipe is my Second entry in the inaugural Mahón-Menorca Cheese Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge Entrée Category.
Mahón-Menorca Cheese Fondue Dip with Roasted Vegetables | Blogger Recipe Challenge
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups Semi-Curd Menorca-Menorca cheese grated
- ⅓ cup shape cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup half and half cream
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 teaspoon diced chives
- 1 large crusty loaf of bread cut into cubes
- ½ pound baby potatoes washed and cut in half
- 1- pound of your favorite baby root vegetables carrots, parsnips, purple carrots, etc.
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- For The Vegetables:
- Preheat oven 425 F. Wash potatoes and cut in half
- Toss all the baby vegetables in a large bowl with cut potatoes, olive oil, pepper flakes and sea salt
- Pour dressed vegetables into a large roasting pan and roast for 15-25 minutes or until vegetables or caramelized and folk tender. Stir vegetables several times during roasting to prevent burning.
- While vegetables are roasting make fondue dip
For The Fondue Dip:
- In a medium, heavy bottom sauce pan, combine ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt, ⅓ cup cream cheese, 1 ¼ cups Semi-Curd Menorca-Menorca cheese, grated, ⅓ cup shape cheddar cheese, grated, ¼ cup half and half cream, pinch salt, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon dry oregano, ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stirring constantly, cook until cheeses are well combined and melted
- Cut crusty bread into cubes, se aside until ready to plate
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE:
SOURCE Mahon-Menorca Cheese
Grand Prize – A Five Day Trip To The Beautiful Island Of Menorca, Spain
MENORCA, Spain, Oct. 3, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — The Board of Control of Mahón-Menorca Cheese is looking for spectacular bloggers to compete in their inaugural “Mahón-Menorca Cheese Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge.” The challenge date has been set, the pans will be banging and the creative juices will be flowing to see who becomes the Grand Prize Winner of the “Mahón-Menorca Cheese Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge.”
Take the challenge and share your creativity using Mahón-Menorca Cheeses that are produced in three delicious degrees of maturity; Semi-Hard pasteurized 3 months old, Hard pasteurized 5 months old and Semi-Hard raw cow milk 3 months old. Mahón-Menorca Cheese is a very versatile cheese that can be used as a topping, infused with an array of vegetables, rices or as a stuffing or filling that delivers a full range of flavors that can transform any dish.
There are three categories for the challenge; appetizers, side dishes and entrées. Bloggers are encouraged to participate in all three categories. One winner will be selected from each category and be awarded $500.00. The winning recipes from each category will then compete to see who will becomes the grand prize winner of the “Mahón-Menorca Cheese Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge.” The Grand Prize Winner will win a five day trip to the beautiful Island of Menorca, Spain. The Grand Prize includes airfare for one, lodging (for two people) and rental car (for two people). The contest starts on October 1, 2018 and ends December 31, 2018. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Mahón-Menorca Cheese is looking for inspirational ideas to create “Simply Better Recipes” that occurs when creativity is fused with unexpected flavors and wholesome ingredients that deliver a full range of flavors that makes every seem extravagant.
MORE ABOUT Mahón-Menorca CHEESE:
Mahón-Menorca Cheese is produced on the island of Menorca, one of Spain’sBalearic Islands. A paradisiacal Biosphere Reserve Island (certified by the UNESCO) located in the Mediterranean Sea. Mahón-Menorca Cheese is a Protected Denomination of Origin (P.D.O.) based upon the geographic and distinct climate factors including its temperature, humidity, light, wind and salty pastures, and its ancient farming methods mastered by generations of the Menorca family farms. Made from menorcan cow’s milk (pasteurized or raw), exclusively matured on the island of Menorca. The Mahón-Menorca Cheese Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge is being implemented by Thought For Food & Son. READ MORE>>>>
Mahón-Menorca Cheese can be purchased nationwide at Whole Foods, and at other fine retailers such as Fairway Markets, Harris Teeter, Saveway, Kroger, Murray’s, Central Markets, Costco, Gourmet Garage, West Side Markets, Zabar’s, Central and Town & Country Markets in Seattle and at the best specialty stores all over the country.
Follow Mahon Cheese
Leave a Reply