Pineapple limeade is the perfect drink for summer! Fresh limes and pineapple bring a tart, tangy, and sweet flavor to this easy homemade limeade recipe.
Limeade always does the trick to quench my thirst, so when midsummer days begin to heat up, I reach for the perfect summer refresher, Pineapple Limeade.
There are endless flavor options when making limeade: blueberry-limeade, cherry-kiwi, and strawberry-peach limeade, just to mention a few.
Here's a simple pineapple limeade recipe, that also serves as the base for a delicious boozy cocktail.
Pineapple Limeade-The Perfect Summer Refresher
- Large glass pitcher
- 1 dozen limes
- 1 cup fresh cut pineapple, divided chopped and 1 cup cut triangles reserved for garnish
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water or enough to fill pitcher
- Slice limes in quarters, squeeze juice into a 12 ounce pitcher, toss spent lime wedges into the mixAdd sugar, chopped pineapple, and enough water to fill the pitcher, mix until sugar is dissolved. Serve in glasses with a lot of ice.
To create a boozy cocktail:
- 1. Add ½ cup white or red wine to a glass, filled with ice, pour limeade over ice and add a dash of soda water.
- 2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add 1-2 ounces flavored vodka to a cocktail, add limeade, cover and shake, serve in a martini glass.