Rhubarb Recipe Round Up and Blog Hop!
Let's share the fun...link your favorite Rhubarb Recipe and photo below, then paste the Round Up in a blog post. I can't wait to see your best rhubarb recipes! I'm sharing my recipe for Rhubarb Crumble and Rhubarb Cake; both are deliciously sweet-tart, a breeze to make, and perfect dessert treats for summer BBQ's!
Rhubarb Crisp Rhubarb Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick or old fashion oats
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine topping ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, blend ingredients with hands until mixture is thoroughly blended, there will still be small chunks of butter throughout.
- Press ½ the mixture into a round or square 9-inch baking dish
- cover crumb mixture with sliced rhubarb, set aside
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, water, vanilla, and lemon juice
- Cook over medium heat until thick and clear, stirring frequently
- Pour hot mixture over rhubarb and top with remaining crumb mixture
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- Mix milk and lemon juice together in a small bowl, set aside
- In a medium bowl, blend together dry ingredients, set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream together sugar, butter and egg until smooth
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and combine, add milk mixture, blend until mixture is smooth
- Add cubed rhubarb, and mix with a spoon until combined
- Pour batter into a 8 X 11-inch baking dish, sprinkle mixed topping of sugar and cinnamon over batter
- place baking dish on center rack in hot oven, bake for 20 minutes, rotate the dish then bake additional 20 minutes, or until tooth pick out clean
- Cool and cut into squares
Tried this recipe?Mention @athomewithrebecka or tag #athomewithrebecka!
This is a super moist cake, filled with tart rhubarb and tons of flavor! Now let's see which rhubarb recipe you share...
Your rhubarb cake looks delish! I have always wanted to try rhubarb but sadly this ingredient can hardly be found over here, as they are imported and not easily available. I'll just drool over your rhubarb yummies!
Hope you have a great week!
Thank you kf! I wish I could send you a bunch of Rhubarb, it's plentiful this time of year. Thinking of you often and wishing you well!