Smoked BBQ Bacon Bombs wrapped in Kountry Boy's Hickory Smoked Bacon, slathered in Saucy Mama's Honey Barbecue Wing Sauce, and smoked to perfection in the Le Grande Oyster Bed Tray on my Traeger Wood Pellet Grill. The is one deliciously GRANDE meal.
As part of my prize package for winning the 2017 Bacon World Food Championships I received this amazing Le Grande Oyster Bed Tray from the folks at the Oyster Bed Company. They were also kind enough to gift me a Stella Oyster Tray and a Steak Bed Tray to use for recipe creation. Thank you Waller Brother's, I love them!!
It's a joy to work with such high quality products during recipe creation not to mention, being sponsored by two AMAZING family owned companies, BARTHYTE FOODS, SAUCY MAMA and KOUNTRY BOY'S SMOKED MEATS for the 2018 World Food Championships Final Table. Click the links to find out more about both of my sponsors.
We've all been eating low carb so my Smoked BBQ Bacon Bombs really hit the spot with just a hint of sweetness from the BBQ sauce. The meat was perfectly seasoned and moist with a wonderful smoked bacon flavor.
I've had so much fun using the multi purpose and multi functional Oyster Bed Trays for recipe creation. I love that they aren't just for cooking oysters but believe me, when oysters are in season, I will be making oysters Rockefeller and a myriad of seasonal seafood dishes using these beautifully crafted trays.
Smoked BBQ Bacon Bombs
- 1 cup ground pork rinds. Optional: 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound bacon
- More BBQ Sauce for basting and serving
- Mix first 9 ingredients together in a medium bowl. Lightly coat the Oyster Bed with cooking spray. Form ground meat mixture into equal portion oblong balls. Place formed "meat bombs" in individual oyster tray wells. Wrap each meat bomb with 1 slice of thick cut bacon, gently stretching the bacon before wrapping around the meat. Place bacon wrapped meat bomb back into the tray well. Continue process until all the meat bombs are bacon wrapped. Lightly brush each bacon bomb with BBQ sauce.
- Smoke bacon bombs on Traeger Wood Pellet Grill set at 350 F. for 40 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 160F.
- Bacon Bombs can also be cooked in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the meat thermometer reads 160F.
- Remove from grill and brush with more BBQ sauce. Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until bacon is crispy and golden brown.
About The Company
THE OYSTER BED LLC
The Oyster Bed LLC is a purpose-driven company that serves. Our purpose is to use our innovative cookware to enable professional chefs and home cooks alike to cultivate creative cooking while simultaneously using our brand to educate our customers on the value of oysters to the world's coastal ecosystems. While our various cookware products serve some of the most savory seafood dishes, our brand and our team members serve the very coastal estuaries that provide this flavorful bounty.
THE WALLER BROTHERS
Brothers Tommy & Adam have grown up with a deep-seated appreciation for the coastlines and estuaries of our great nation, while developing a passion for the culinary arts, product design & sustainable coastal living. With careers in both Military and Public Service, the Waller brothers bring their personal innovation and passion of service from those arenas to the industries of cookware design and coastal restoration.
About The Product
Unique Features of Our Cookware
- Durable and Light Weight - At a fraction of the weight of cast iron (2lb 1oz for Le Petite and 4lb 6oz for Le Grande), The Oyster Bed cooks and heats food evenly like cast iron but without the need for “seasoning,” the worry about rust, or the concern about weight. It retains heat like cast iron, keeping foods hot for approximately 20 minutes.
- Grill and Oven Safe - The Oyster Bed can be used over direct flame on the stovetop or campfire. It can be used in the oven on “bake” or “broil” and can be used on any type of BBQ Pit, whether charcoal or gas operated. This special metal alloy can withstand temperatures up to 1000F. It's been vigorously tested against thermal shock capabilities and proven to live up to the demands of repeated heavy use on the grill.
- Freezer and Fridge Ready - The Oyster Bed can be frozen to serve chilled halfshell oysters, cocktail shrimp, deviled eggs, etc. It stays cold for approximately 20 minutes when the tray is frozen prior to serving.
- Safe and meets FDA Guidlines- Our cookware is non-toxic and meets FDA guidelines for cooking and serving foods.
- Easy Cleaning - The Oyster Bed is easy to clean with warm soap and water. It is best if allowed to soak for a while prior to scrubbing. (We do not recommend using it in a dishwasher because certain detergents can affect the metal adversely and ruin its “luster.”) When we have catering jobs where we must clean The Oyster Bed rapidly to be ready to serve again in a matter of minutes we actually use a brass brush drill attachment and cordless drill to “polish” it clean, ensuring that we thoroughly wash the metal after mechanically scrubbing off the food.
- Easy Care - The Oyster bed does not need to be “seasoned” like cast iron or even stored in a way to prohibit rust/corrosion. Over time, especially when cooking over open flame and camp fires, it will gain a nice looking “patina.” However, it doesn’t require any “babying.” It can be tossed in the cabinet, garage, or even left in the BBQ pit outdoors and it’ll be ready to cook when you are. Because it really is a beautiful piece, though, we added holes to the handles so it can be hung in your beautiful kitchen too! Source: The Oyster Bed Company
PORK SCALOPPINI WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE. Recipe coming soon to the blog.