Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast is an easy, budget friendly meal. Dried beef covered with a rich, thick pan gravy, served on buttered toast with eggs makes this dish pure comfort food! Perfect for breakfast or dinner.
However, today, you'll be getting one of my all time favorite comfort food recipes, Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast.
Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast
- 1 jar dried beef 15 slices
- ¼ butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat or white toast buttered
- Slice 15 rounds of beef into thin strips
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter
- Add flour and whisk to make roux, about 1 minute
- Add paprika, salt and pepper, blend
- Slowly whisk in milk until combined, continue whisking until mixture is thick and bubbly
- Evenly distribute over toast, serve immediately