Roll-up pancakes are similar to a crepe, but thicker; made delicate and tender with buttermilk. This strawberry roll-up pancakes recipe makes the perfect brunch entree.
California is ripe with fresh strawberries and they're begging to be served up in simple syrup and poured over a big plate of rolled pancakes. I can eat roll-up pancakes for dinner just as easily as breakfast; they are a satisfying meal any time of day!
If you make these strawberry roll-up pancakes, please take a quick photo and share it with me on Facebook!
Strawberry Roll-Up Pancakes
Delicate and tender, strawberry roll-ups are a delicious meal anytime of day
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/12 cups whole buttermilk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- oil for cooking
- 1 ½ quart fresh strawberries washed and sliced thinly
- 6 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Whisk together wet ingredients in separate bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture, whisk until well blended
- Heat a cast iron or nonstick pan on medium high heat
- Add a small amount of vegetable oil to hot pan
- Pour ¼ cup batter in the center of the pan, swirl pan to distribute batter in an evenly thin layer
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden, flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes, repeat until batter is all used
- Roll pancakes into tubes, place 2-3 on each plate
- cover with topping, serve with powdered sugar and whipped cream
- Cut strawberries thinly, place in a medium glass bowl
- Add water, sugar and lemon juice, blend well and set aside to macerate
Tried this recipe?Mention @athomewithrebecka or tag #athomewithrebecka!
More delicious pancake recipes to try:
Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Feta Cheese and Brown Butter
Dutch Apple Baby with Blackberry Hoisin Bacon
Trish @infinebalance (@infinebalance)
That is such a fun way to eat pancakes!
You're absolutely right Trish! Thanks for stopping by today, I really appreciate the visit!