CAPE COD SELECT FROZEN CRANBERRIES – BLOGGER RECIPE CHALLENGE
Cran You Believe it?
My third and final recipe submission in the Cape Cod Select Blogger Recipe Challenge 2020, Cranberry Jelly Swiss Roll, was submitted to the Cran You Believe It? category.
Cranberries For All Seasons
Why wait for the holidays to eat cranberries? Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries should be consumed all year long and this scrumptious Swiss roll proves that point. Filled with the sweet-tart flavor of cranberry jelly infused with rosemary, the dish offers a delightful marriage of herbaceousness when balanced by the whipped cream filling, this showstopper provides an exquisite summertime dessert.
Highest Quality-Women Owned
The Rhodes Family has been growing cranberries on their 800-acre cranberry farm for more than 75 years. It’s worth mentioning that they’re a small, women-owned family business, dedicated to providing their customers with the highest quality product.
Using Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries is like working with fresh cranberries in terms of taste and appearance. The perfectly plump gems are individually frozen holding their shape and flavor once thawed at room temperature.
Sugared Cranberries - The Perfect Topper
Sugared Cranberries are incredibly simple to make with just three ingredients; sugar, water and Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries. Beautifully sweet, they make and the perfect topper for this luscious dessert. Sugared cranberries can also be served as a healthy snack.
Cranberry Jelly Swiss Roll
For the Cake:
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk room temperature
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the Cranberry Jelly:
- 2 cups frozen Cape Cod Cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- pinch sea salt
For the Sugared Cranberries:
- 1 cups sugar divided
- ½ cup water
- 1 12-ounce bag thawed, Cape Cod Frozen Cranberries
For the Filling and Icing:
- ½ cup cold butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cranberry jelly recipe above
- Garnish: Mint leaves
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9x13 jelly-roll pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper
For the Sponge:
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- While the mixer is running, slowly add sugar and mix for 3 minutes
- Add vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla to the whipped eggs until just combined
- Gently fold in half of the dry ingredients until little or no flour is present, Fold in remaining flour to keep batter fluffy
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use an offset spatula to distribute batter evenly
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until springs back when lightly pressed and has a golden color
- While the cake is baking, sprinkle a clean tea towel with powdered sugar, gently rubbing the sugar into the towel
- When the cake is done, turn it out quickly onto the prepared tea towel
- Peel off the parchment paper and immediately roll the cake up in the towel. Roll as tightly as possibly and evenly as possible
- Cool wrapped cake on a wire rack
For the Cranberry Jelly:
- Add 2 cups frozen Cape Cod Cranberries, 1 cup of sugar, ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, and a pinch sea salt to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the mixture thickens. About 15 minutes. Remove rosemary and discard.
- Allow the mixture too cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a small blender pulse mixture until smooth
For the Sugared Cranberries:
- Combine ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir in thawed cranberries and coat well. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to wire rack; let dry for at least 1 hour
For the Filling and Buttercream Frosting:
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, whip 1 and ½ cups heavy cream to stiff peaks. Add 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons cooled cranberry jelly and continue to mix for 30 seconds to combine
- In a separate large bowl, using a hand mixer, blend butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, sea salt. Blend until the mixture is fluffy and smooth. Add 1 cup of the whipped cream to this mixture and blend until well incorporated
To Build the Swiss Roll:
- Gently unroll the cooled cake, do not remove from the towel
- Spread jelly evenly over the inside of the cake
- Using a large spoon, place dollops of whipped cream over the jelly then evenly spread the filling over the inside of the cake all the way to the edges
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
The folks at Cape Cod Select have selected food bloggers from around the country to participate in their #YearOfTheCranberry recipe challenge. The prizes are as follows:
Family Dinner Category – $500.00 category prize
Cran-You-Believe It Category – $500.00 category prize
Healthy On-The-Go Category – $500.00 category prize
Overall $1,000.00 Grand Prize winner!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW CAPE COD SELECT
Be sure to follow Cape Cod Select on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest as they provide regular updates on products, contests, recipes and more. Also check nearby stores for this great product or you can order these frozen cranberries online.
STAY HOME AND WASH YOUR HANDS
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard this phrase the past few weeks I’d be rich nonetheless, we are all struggling to comprehend this ever-changing historical Global event that faces us. The best advice I can share is to stay home and wash your hands, a lot! Be inventive in the kitchen, eat Cape Cod Cranberries to boost your immune system, be kind to one another and trust God. We are all in this together and will be stronger for it.
More Great Cranberry Recipes
For more great cranberry recipes check my 2019 Blogger Recipe Challenge $500.00 winning recipe; Cranberry Queso Blanco Salsa or other contest entries at related links below this post. You'll be amazed at how many delicious recipes you can create with Cape Cod Frozen Select Cranberries.