Deviled eggs are delicious appetizers! Learn the secrets to making perfect hard boiled eggs so you can make my easy deviled eggs recipe. These delicious deviled eggs are made with a chive and onion cream cheese filling. So delicious!
After checking out a few of my old posts, I decided to share a few of my favorites over the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy this delicious Spring recipe, originally published on May 13, 2011.
I absolutely love deviled eggs, but I'm very picky about their texture and flavor. After years of deviled egg failures and successes, I've come up with many delicious deviled egg recipes. However, this new recipe for deviled eggs, using the Kraft Chive and Onion Spreadable Cream Cheese, is the tops!!
In this video, I'll also share my tried and true method of cooking perfect hard-boiled eggs! Yup, you heard it here first...the perfect boiled egg! No more over cooked, discolored egg yolks. Just pure yellow, creamy yolks, ready to be whipped up into the most delicious deviled egg filling. The perfect hard boiled eggs can also be used to make a delicious curried egg salad recipe!
This recipe is being linked to GetHimFed Party #28
Deviled Eggs made with Chive and Onion Cream CheeseCooking the perfect boiled egg makes the best deviled eggs in the world!
- ¼ cup s of Philadelphia Chive and Onion spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup s of Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup s of sour cream
- ¼ tsp. of dry mustard
- ½ tsp. of curry powder
- 1 small container pimentos for garnish
- 1 bunch fresh chives for garnish
- 6 fresh eggs
Tried this recipe?Mention @athomewithrebecka or tag #athomewithrebecka!
- Fill a medium large sauce pan with ice cold water
- Gently add 6 fresh raw eggs to the pan
- Place pan on cold stove burner, turn heat to high and set timer for 20 minutes, bring water to a rolling boil then reduce heat to medium high and continue to boil eggs for remainder of the set timer
- Immediately remove eggs from heat and run eggs under ice cold water for 1 minute, begin cracking one egg at a time allowing the cold water to run on the egg while peeling, the shell should peel away from the eggs flesh without any sticking or tearing
- Cut eggs into halves, gently remove yolk
- Place cooked yolks in a fine strainer or sieve and press yolks through with a wooden spoon, scrape egg yolk off of sieve if any remains stuck to the bottom
- Add wet ingredients to the strained egg yolks and blend well, add curry powder, dry mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Place the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large piping tip, pipe egg halves with filling, garnish with fresh chive, pimentos and a dash of red chili powder. Serve
Those look great. I have an award for you.
Hello Vardhini, Thank you for stopping by for a visit and leaving a comment about the deviled eggs! I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!! I'll be visiting your blog asap!
Deviled eggs looks yummy. Nice presentation.
cherry and Nelson, Thank you both for following At Home with Rebecka. I'll be visiting your blogs and following back!!
Hi Joy, I love that little hen egg plate! I found it at an antique store years ago and just had to have it..the hen was cracked by my youngest child when she was just 2 but I glued it back together and it's almost as good as new. Funny thing...I never know what to put under the hen! I had to come up with something for the video so I ended up with the picked corn. Thanks for visiting!
This looks really delicious, Rebecka! You are one amazing cook! I've enjoyed your video! Love your "Hen Egg Plate"!
Hello my friend! I have been visiting your blog. Cool! Amazing!Congratulations for your work. I invite you to visit my blog at:
Have a happy day!
wow! i definitely have to make one of this! mouth watering 🙂 btw thanks for taking time visiting my site, i'm following you back now. have a great day and thanks for the recipe 🙂
Thanks K...I'll stop by to link up asap!! These is truly the best deviled eggs I've ever made!
AMAZING! I've been looking for a great deviled egg recipe. Can I beg you to come link up this, and a couple other, recipes in my recipe contest/linky? PLEASE?!? 😀
I'm pinning this...and following you too!
So sorry to all those who left comments here the past few days. When blogspot went down so did this post!! Thanks for being patient and please fell free to leave a new comment♥