Loose Meat Sandwiches are simple food with a powerful flavor profile. This easy sliders recipe reminds me of a fresh-made White Castle hamburger!
Loose meat sandwiches are not only delicious, they are a snap to make; only 20 minutes from start to finish. YUM!
Not familiar with Loose Meat Sandwiches? They've been around since 1924. The original sandwich was created at the Ye Old Tavern on 14th and Jackson Street, in Sioux City, Iowa. The restaurant has changed hands since then, now called Gus' Family Restaurant. Another Iowan restaurant known for this iconic sandwich is Taylor's Maid-Rite. If you have the notion, they will ship a box of sandwich fixin's right to your door.
However, there's no need to go to the trouble of ordering loose meat sandwiches from out of state when you can recreate the sandwich in your own kitchen.
This recipe is being featured at voiceboks.com , The voice of parenthood!
I think these loose meat sliders would be perfect paired with some homemade potato chips or hasselback potatoes!
Loose Meat Sandwiches
- 1 ½ pound good quality ground beef ground round or sirloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for leaner ground meat this step can be omitted if using 80/20 ground beef
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 ½ tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- t1 teaspoon dry parsley
- pinch red pepper flakes
- enough water to cover browned meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package King Hawaiian dinner rolls
- In a large skillet, heat oil, salt the bottom of the skillet with ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt, brown ground beef stirring to break up into fine crumble
- Add chopped onion, cook until onions are translucent
- Drain excess liquid from pan, discard
- Add, mustard, vinegar, sugar and spices, cover mixture with water and cover
- Cook until water is absorbed into meat
- To assemble: slice rolls in half, add meat to cover bread, more mustard can be added
- Garnish with dill pickles and melted Velveeta cheese
- Serve with chip and potato salad
I see interesting articles here. Your site can go viral easily, you need some initial traffic only, you should read
about Bushano's traffic sources