Orange cream cheesecake with candied orange slices is a delicious kosher cheesecake recipe made with ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and Milksplash milk flavoring.
The folks at MilkSplash and my friends at voiceBoks, are offering an exciting cooking contest and Twitter Party this month...The Splash Off!
One lucky winner will receive a $500.00 Visa gift card, for creating the best recipe using one of MilkSplash's new Milk Flavoring products.
My entry for the contest is a luscious ricotta cream cheese orange cream cheesecake, decorated with candied orange slices.
The recipe utilizes MilkSplash Orange Cream Dream flavoring.
I added homemade candied orange slices to give the dessert a Thanksgiving twist. Their chewy-sweet texture counterbalanced by the smooth-dreamy creamsicle flavor of the MilkSplash flavoring, really hit the mark. The addition of the Matzoh meal enhanced the texture as well as making the dish Kosher for the Holidays.
MilkSplash comes in six flavors: Horchata Piñata, Cocoa Loco, Sir Strawberry Swirl, Orange Cream Dream, Cookies 'N Cream, and Jammin' Banana.
MilkSplash 'Orange Cream Dream' Cheesecake
For the Cheesecake
- 5 tablespoon dry matzoh meal
- 1 teaspoon cold butter
- 1 32 ounce tub whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar plus ¾ cups for filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice from one lemon
- zest from one lemon
- 8 squirts Orange Cream Dream MilkSplash flavoring
For the topping
- 2 cups cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 squirts MilkSplash Orange Cream Dream flavoring
For the Orange Slices
- Prepare orange slices 24 hours in advance
- 5 small navel oranges thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is melted add orange slices, cook for 20 minutes
- Place orange slices on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees F. for 3-5 hours turning occasionally. Low and slow. Longer cooking time will add more color to the oranges but deliver a crisp wafer like candy. Remove from oven, cool and store in an airtight container for up to one month
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with 3 tablespoons dry matzoh in a small bowl
- Brush butter over the bottom and sides of a springform pan
- Dust pan with matzoh mixture, remove excess and set pan aside
- In a food processor, plus ricotta cheese 10-15 seconds until smooth, add room temperature cream cheese and pulse until smooth, another 15 seconds
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, matzoh meal and MilkSplash Orange Cream flavoring
- Plus for 15-30 seconds or until well blended
- Pour into prepared springform pan
- Place in heated oven on the middle rack, immediately reduce heat to 300 degrees F. and cook for 1- 1.5 hours. Middle should be slightly jiggly, do not over cook
- Cool for 1 hour, transfer cheesecake to pie plate
- Add sour cream topping and refrigerate overnight
For the Topping
- Blend together the sour cream, sugar and MilkSplash flavoring, cover and refrigerate until ready to use
The orange cream cheesecake recipe is also being shared at FoodTasticFridays.
More delicious cheesecake recipes to try:
Leave a Reply