Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies) are gooey, rich and tempting. This easy peanut butter cookies recipe makes soft cookies that are full of peanut butter flavor. The center, stuffed with rich peanut butter cups, makes these cookies a delicious slice of dessert heaven!
I used a traditional peanut butter cookie recipe, added one peanut butter cup to a teaspoon of dough, then topped with another teaspoon of dough, pressed together and baked. I ate 4 right from the oven. This is one fantastic homemade peanut butter cookie recipe!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ¾ cup super chunky peanut butter I use Jif
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag miniature peanut butter cups unwrapped
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, mix until well combined
- In another large bowl using a handheld mixer, cream butter, brown, and white sugars together on medium speed until smooth
- On low speed mix in eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Turn the speed to high and blend until light and smooth (about 3 minutes)
- Turn mixer to low speed, gradually add dry ingredients until well combined, and dough forms
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a tablespoon, roll dough into balls, place balls on a large piece of parchment, add one peanut butter cup to half of the balls, gently press another ball over the peanut butter cup, sandwiching the peanut butter cup between the two balls of dough. Roll the stuffed dough into a ball insuring all edges are sealed
- Bake the cookies on a non-stick cookie sheet for 10-11 minutes or golden brown. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes before transferring to serving plate.
If you like the taste of these peanut butter cup cookies, I bet you'll love my recipe for Oreo Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes, too!