Hot buttered blood orange rummy is a rum cocktail recipe for the holidays. This blood orange hot buttered rum is the perfect holiday cocktail recipe!
Hot Buttered Blood Orange Rummy will warm your insides and get your jingle bells ringing this holiday season! This easy holiday cocktail recipe creation was made with Stirrings all natural original craft cocktail mixer, Simple Blood Orange Martini mix and the Stirrings Simple Pomegranate Rimmer, for the Stir It Up Holiday Mixology Challenge.
Stirrings sent qualified bloggers their choice of two delicious mixers and rimmers for the contest. I can tell you, this baby will warm you to the bone with holiday cheer not to mention, spiced rum, cointreau, and cinnamon whisky! I'm thrilled to be adding this delicious libation to my holiday recipe repertoire.
Hot Buttered Blood Orange Rummy
- 1 Cup Stirrings Simple Blood Orange Martini Mixer may substitute Pomegranate mixer
- 1 2.5 ounce container Pomegranate Rimmer
- 1 ounce cointreau
- 3 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce cinnamon whisky
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- 4-6 cups very hot water
- 4 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish
For the Batter
- In a small bowl, blend butter, brown sugar, and spices together until well combined
- Hold at room temperature until ready to use. Refrigerate leftover batter later use. Allow to reach room temperature before using.
For the Cocktail Mix
- Blend Stirrings Blood Orange cocktail mixer in a cocktail shaker or glass pitcher with cointreau, spiced rum and cinnamon whiskey. Shake or stir to combine
To Make the Blood Orange Rummy
- Add a few pomegranate seeds to the bottom of 3-4 six ounce holiday hot mugs.
- Use one pomegranate seed or water to dampen the rim of the hot mug. Dip each mugs rim into the pomegranate sugar
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon hot butter-batter to each glass.
- Pour cocktail mix into cups to about the halfway mark then pour steaming hot water to the tops of each cup, leaving about ¼ inch headspace.
- Cinnamon stick serves as a stirrer and garnish. Stir with cinnamon stick until batter is dissolved...ENJOY!
I know you'll want to purchase Stirrings all natural original craft cocktail mixers for your next holiday gathering. Find them at your local Store Locations: Bevmo, Total Wines & More, Draegers, Mollie Stones, Hi Time Liquors, Pacific Ranch Market, Daniels Market, Bristol Farms. You can also follow Stirrings on Facebook Pinterest Instagram and Twitter.
Want to try some more cocktail recipes? This one is a favorite of mine!