Pumpkin Pistachio Palmiers are delicious, crispy French palmier cookies. They're a cinch to make! This is the perfect cookie recipe for Fall!
Pumpkin Pistachio Palmiers: Simply Sesame Blogger Recipe Challenge
“Simply Sesame Blogger Recipe Challenge.” The challenge date has been set; the pans will be banging to see who becomes the winner of their first annual “Simply Sesame Blogger Recipe Challenge.” Where there are (almost) no rules, only originality and the pursuit of great taste!
The top entry will be awarded $1,000.00; second place $500.00; and third place $250.00 and of course, bragging rights to friends and family.
Bonelli Fine Foods gifted 75 eligible bloggers free products for the competition. I took the challenge to create an original recipe with great taste using a choice of three Simply Sesame spreads: Vanilla Bites, Pistachio Morsels with a hint of Cardamom, and Pure Roasted Sesame Original flavor.
I choose the pistachio and cardamom flavor, knowing it would be prefect for making French Palmiers. I just knew the subtly flavor of cardamom blended with holiday flavor of pumpkin purée and cinnamon sugar would make a delightfully crispy treat.
The result is perfectly crisp pumpkin pistachio palmiers, with a hint of delicious holiday pumpkin flavor.
A cinch to make! Frozen puff pastry takes all the hard work out of making this delicious cookie recipe. Not to mention, the flavor varieties of the Simply Sesame spreads offer a vast versatility in recipe creation.
Simply Sesame states that all spreads are GMO free and packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids (and without additives, sugars, or colors), and will leave you with long-lasting high energy.
- 2 puff pastry sheet(s)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 10 ounce Container Simply Sesame Pistachio with a hint of Cardamom
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to the package instructions
- Roll pastry out on a floured surface to smooth and even out the edges
- Mix the sugar and spices spice together in a small bowl
- In another small mixing bowl combine, 1 simply sesame spread, pumpkin puree and
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixture
- Spread ½ the wet mixture in a thin layer over each puff pastry
- Sprinkle the flavored sugar evenly over each pastry. Reserve about 2 tablespoons for sprinkling over palmiers
- Roll one side of the pastry dough to the halfway mark, and repeat with the other side.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the cookies about ½ an inch thick, then place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with any additional flavored sugar
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until slightly puffy, and remove from the oven.
- Carefully flip all the cookies over, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and sesame seeds and return to the oven for 6-10 minutes, or until the center is cooked through and the edges are golden.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
If you enjoy pumpkin dessert recipes, check these out, too!