I’m incredibly honored to announce my Orange Ginger Salmon Nachos with Mango Pineapple Orange Salsa was the Grand Prize and Appetizer category winner in the Cedar Bay Blogger Challenge. Thank you, Cedar Bay Grilling Company for hosting the challenge and sharing your incredible products for recipe creation.
Bloggers received two free samples for testing and recipe creation: Sugar & Spice 24 oz Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon and one 24 oz Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon. Both flavors are absolutely delicious and a breeze to make.
My restaurant quality recipe wowed the judges as a showman in appearance, and pops with gourmet appeal to suit all lifestyles and tastes for your entertaining needs.
Wonton wrappers give the recipe an Asian flare, and crunchy texture that accentuates the flavor of the mango, pineapple and orange salsa. The Cedar Bay Grilling Company Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon is perfected with crumbled Queso Blanco Jalapeño cheese, and a sprinkle of Furikake Rice Seasoning.
I’d like to thank Ethan Casucci, VP of Client Services at Thought For Food and Son, for giving me the opportunity to try this wonderful product in my dishes. I can honestly state that Cedar Bay Grilling Company’s Planked Atlantic Salmon products are one of the finest products I’ve ever had the pleasure to test and use for recipe creation in over three years of participating in Blogger Recipe Challenges.Print
- 1 24 oz Cedar Bay Grilling Company Applewood with Orange & Ginger Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon
- 1 12 ounce package wonton wrappers (12)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil for frying wontons
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sweet orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet Mirin rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped jalapeño (add more for more heat to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, more for garnish
- 1/2 cup queso blanco with jalapeños
- Heat Grill following the Cedar Bay Grilling Company instructions found on the back of the package
- Open Cedar Bay Grilling Planked Salmon product. Drain. Place planked salmon directly on the hot grill and cook for 18 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, Heat oil in a large sauce pan and cook 12 individual wonton sheets until crispy and browned (about 2 minutes). turn them several times to prevent over cooking. Drain on paper towel. Set aside until ready to plate
- Salsa: In a medium mixing bowl combine mango, pineapple, onion, orange marmalade, lemon juice, orange juice, mirin vinegar, ginger, jalapeño, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Set aside until ready to plate
- Remove cooked salmon from grill. Using a fork, flake salmon into large pieces
- Lay a cooked wonton on plate. Add a teaspoon of salsa. Add flaked salmon and top with a little more salsa. Crumble queso blanco over the top and season with Furikaki rice seasoning or toasted sesame seeds
1. I used a cookie sheet to transport the planked salmon to the grill to keep drips at a minimum
2. Be sure to check on the salmon from time to time to keep from having any flair ups. I didn’t have issues with flair ups but checked the hot grill several times just to be sure.
Keywords: Orange Ginger Salmon Nachos, Contest, Winner, Cedar bay Salmon
At A Grocer Near You
You can find Cedar Bay Grilling Company products at these local area markets: Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant Eagle, Stop n’ Shop, and Roche Bros.
Follow Cedar Bay Grilling Company