There’s nothing more refreshing than a margarita after a long hot day. Give your margarita recipe a twist by adding fresh strawberries. Strawberry margaritas are delicious served with Mexican dinner recipes like enchiladas, fajitas, or burritos. Follow up with a dessert of sopapillas, and maybe another margarita.
This easy strawberry margarita recipe is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or anytime you need a refreshing fruit cocktail.
- 2 cups of your favorite brand margarita mix (I use the Costco brand, it's yummy)
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 juice from one lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup pink sea salt
- Quarter cleaned strawberries
- Add sugar and lemon, stir to combine, rest 5 minutes at room temperature
- Place pink salt in a shallow dish
- Wet rim of highball glass with lemon/lime wedge, dip in salt to coat glass rim
- Fill glass with ice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 2 tablespoons macerated strawberry mixture, 2 ounces of tequila, then fill with shaker ice, pour margarita mix over ice leaving 1/4 headspace, cover and shake ingredients until well mixed
- Pour margarita over ice, serve
- Repeat process for second drink