SAM’S FRESH SALSA-BLOGGER RECIPE CHALLENGE
FRESH, NOT FAKE
Sam’s Fresh Salsa has set the stage for culinary-focused bloggers by offering a chance to compete in their premier Blogger Recipe Challenge #freshnotfake.
I'm honored to be one of only 30 bloggers chosen to share culinary creativity by using Sam’s Fresh Salsa products.
THREE NEW FLAVORS
Bloggers received 3 of Sam’s NEW Fresh Salsa's for recipe creation and testing; Cantina Medium Salsa, Salsa Verde, and Watermelon Jicama Salsa.
The NEW Salsa Verde is made with a tart tomatillo base and just the right amount of heat. It's the perfect compliment to my char-grilled oysters topped with pecorino romano and cotija cheeses.
30 MINUTES or less
On the table in less than 30 minutes, this easy appetizer has very little prep work. Just shuck the oysters (I suggest you get an oyster shucker if you don't already own one) and top with a spoonful of Salsa Verde, melted butter, and a pinch of pecorino romano, and cotija cheeses; cook on the grill or under a broiler until the cheese is golden and serve.
The recipe is entered in the Appetizer Category.
Chargrilled Salsa Verde Oysters
- ½ cup Sam's Fresh Salsa Verde salsa
- 1 dozen oysters shucked
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup pecorino romano cheese shredded
- ¼ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 french baguette sliced thinly and toasted
- Shuck the oysters keeping them on the half shell
- Place oysters on a heatproof pan
- Slice lemon and lime in half. Place cut side down on hot grill or in a non-stick pan. Cook until they are caramelized (about 4 minutes) Remove and serve with oysters
- Spoon about ¼ teaspoon Sam's Salsa Verde over each oyster
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon shredded pecorino and cotija cheese over each oyster
- Grill or broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is crispy and browned
- Spoon a teaspoon of melted butter over each oyster
- Serve with a squeeze of charred lemon of lime. ENJOY!
FOLLOW SAM’S FRESH SALSA
FIND SAM’S FRESH SALSA
You can purchase Sam’s Fresh Salsa at ShopRite, Acme, and Safeway.
If they are not in your local store, ask them to carry Sam’s Fresh Salsa products.