After checking out a few of my old posts, I decided to share a few of my favorites over the next few weeks. I hope you enjoy this delicious Spring recipe published May 13, 2011.
I absolutely love deviled eggs but I’m very picky about their texture and flavor. After years of deviled egg failures and successes I’ve come up with many delicious recipes however, my new recipe using the Kraft Chive and Onion Spreadable Cream Cheese is the tops!! In this video I’ll also share my tried and true method of cooking the “perfect” hard-boiled egg! Yup, you heard it here first…the perfect boiled egg! No more overcooked, discolored egg yolks, just pure yellow, creamy yolks ready to be whipped up into the most delicious deviled egg filling.
This recipe is being linked to GetHimFed Party #28
- Deviled Eggs made with Chive and Onion Cream Cheese2014-03-28 16:21:37Yields 6Cooking the perfect boiled egg makes the best deviled eggs in the world!Write a reviewPrep Time10 minCook Time20 minTotal Time30 minPrep Time10 minCook Time20 minTotal Time30 minIngredients
- 1/4 cup(s) of Philadelphia Chive and Onion spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) of Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) of sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. of dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. of curry powder
- 1 small container pimentos for garnish
- 1 bunch fresh chives for garnish
- 6 fresh eggs
At Home with Rebecka http://athomewithrebecka.com/
- Fill a medium large sauce pan with ice cold water
- Gently add 6 fresh raw eggs to the pan
- Place pan on cold stove burner, turn heat to high and set timer for 20 minutes, bring water to a rolling boil then reduce heat to medium high and continue to boil eggs for remainder of the set timer
- Immediately remove eggs from heat and run eggs under ice cold water for 1 minute, begin cracking one egg at a time allowing the cold water to run on the egg while peeling, the shell should peel away from the eggs flesh without any sticking or tearing
- Cut eggs into halves, gently remove yolk
- Place cooked yolks in a fine strainer or sieve and press yolks through with a wooden spoon, scrape egg yolk off of sieve if any remains stuck to the bottom
- Add wet ingredients to the strained egg yolks and blend well, add curry powder, dry mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Place the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large piping tip, pipe egg halves with filling, garnish with fresh chive, pimentos and a dash of red chili powder. Serve